Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

The thing this doesn’t accomplish is to give someone full access to one camera, but not all of the cameras on an account.

3 Likes

Correct

1 Like

I share my 8 cameras with different family members, who prioritize different cameras for notifications.
I turn on notifications for cam 1& 2 and someone else turned it on for cam 3, so I start getting notifications for cam3 as well even thou I don’t want it.
So if notifications settings can be per camera per user that would be great.
Thanks

Have them create new accounts. Then they will each have their own account. Then share the cameras with them.

1 Like

They are using their own accounts.

1 Like

This looks wonderful. When would this be available?

1 Like

Then if they are on different accounts, whatever they do should not affect you. I have this set up with my family. They can have their notifications however they want and it does not affect me.

Question could you choose "Owner " for multiple people? If so then nothing needs to be changed. If only one person can be marked as “Owner” then the “Contributor” needs to have playback options.

This is a well known issue with shared cameras.
There are many settings that your shared users can change that will effect you.
Turning per camera notifications on/off is one of them.

At a minimum, Start with owner only can share and make changes and share only video, no sound or anything else. I want to share the puppy cam but don’t want the sound from the house or notifications etc shared.
From that point you can be more granular.
Those being shared to as above are Observer (?) level.
Next you can have User level. You could work this one of two basic ways.
First way, the Owner adds someone as a User and that User can toggle a standard set of Permissions such as sound and notifications but ONLY for themselves.
Or…
The second way would let the “Owner” set what the User Level can change for themselves. I.E if they want to share sound, then set that in the permission panel for the User level and the User can toggle it on or off for themself only, not everyone.

Its has been YEARS waiting for this feature… come on wyze get you stuff together, even the Yi cam has this features from the beginning and users here are screaming from way back for the user levels permission

1 Like

I just noticed after switching to the whose lock that the people you share the lock with don’t get notifications. This would be a good feature to add for guests or co-homeowners. My wife would like to be notified when events happen also.

1 Like

When sharing the lock, is it possible to control access to certain people using a time-based rule? i.e. my cleaning lady comes on Wed between 9 and 12, so I’d like her to only be able to unlock the Wyze lock on that day, between those times. I don’t have the keypad (not sure if it’s even available yet), and not sure if I’d want to install it anyway, since people would know that I have a smart lock installed. We should have some way to control access with those who we share our lock.

1 Like

Is it possible to add playback permission to those users with whom cameras are being shared with?

1 Like

Not now but Wyze has posted this under “Researching” so hopefully this will be a feature for users at some point.

2 Likes

Currently the individuals who we have shared cameras with are subjected to whatever notifications the administrator sets.

It would be very helpful to allow shared users to set their own notifications.

2 Likes

Yes it would be nice.

Worse than shared users being subject to the owner’s settings is that shared users can actually change the owner’s settings without the owner’s permission or knowledge.

1 Like

I installed a Wyze camera last November at my 82 years old mother in Buenos Aires, I leave in Chicago US. Her wifi router has been updated since them. She has been able to share her camera, but the “View Playback” function as been lost.

She is by her self during the COVID-19 quarantine. For privacy reasons the camera is in a Living room area but if she is in her bedroom for a long time. I need to know when was the last time that she was moving around to know if she is ok, or if I need to call for help. In the past, the “View Playback” function allowed me to go back and see that.

I will appreciate it if you can assist me in setting up the View Playback function on my mon’s a shared camera.

Thank you,

3 Likes

@lopezerb,

I have moved your wishlist submission to this existing topic. This is one of the things being requested here. But unfortunately, while it is being researched by Wyze, it is still a ways off.

In the mean time, your best bet is to get your mom’s Wyze login credentials from her, then sign into her account in the Wyze app. You will then have full access. This assumes, of course, that’s she’s willing to give you those credentials.

2 Likes

You can setup that camera under your username having her doing it with your credentials. Or you can add it by having your mom show the barcode to the camera during setup process when you’ll be on video conference call. You may need an additional mobile device for this.

1 Like