Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

This is B.S. : “Well, no unauthorized person can see YOUR camera.”

" Welcome to the Wishlist! This is where you can request features and products. Please explain how you envision using that feature and we will do our best to evaluate all submissions…"

This forum , I would think, would be monitored…

With that belief in mind one must assume that they should read requests for assistance also but as many users will testify many support tickets still remain unanswered, Questions remain unreplied to.

It is well known throughout the community that Wyze support systems are less than optimal, and in some cases actually in many cases it would appear they are nonexistent.

While they are quick to collect their money and charge for the devices they sell we can only wish that they were as quick to reply to problems that exist… Good support is a very necessary element to any companies success.

1 Like

I would recommend you use the @Wyze… Tag to poke them. Use it sparingly. :wink::wink:

Can we PLEASE do this. Please prioritize improving what you have instead of developing new devices. It feels the the priority it moving away from happy customer to more about just making money

2 Likes

Setup my Home Monitoring kit yesterday and found I could only share the sensors and not the keypad or access to the service. EVERY OTHER home security system allows for multiple users and pins with different access levels. THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED AND SOON! Especially when you cannot add a second user for the wyze scale without setting up a separate wyze account for that user. WHY WOULD YOU NOT THINK ABOUT A HOUSEHOLD NEEDING MULTIPLE PEOPLE TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE SECURITY SYSTEM. Either allow for multiple user profiles under a wyze account allowing for use of devices differently or make sure each device/service can be shared with multiple accounts!

3 Likes

@WyzeJimmy The moderator moved my post into this thread. But I do not believe this is asking for the same feature. They are similar, but I am asking for the home monitoring to be shareable at all…i will deal with guest permissions if that all they allow, but more than one account needs to have access to this system.

Wyze previously announced they are working on your request and that same fix will be a part of this overall wishlist update, that’s why the mod moved it here even though your request is slightly different.

Main takeaways:

1. Wyze agrees to make HMS shareable as you requested and is actively working on that.
  2. Wyze is revamping how sharing works and with the HMS update they should be allowing role-based permissions in general.

I hope that makes sense. You’re getting your wish, it’s just a question of how long the coding and testing for it takes.

1 Like

What I would truly like to know is who in the Wyze hierarchy is responsible for these types of decisions? are they based on chinese customs? are they perhaps done on a whim or is some features board convened to agree on implementation?. There have been so many seemingly arbitrary decisions made about what is good for the customers that end up being highly controversial. My suggestion is that decisions need be tailored to the country you are selling your devices and or services. This is the United States of America and as such, we like to do things our way, accepted methods are comforting to us and in my estimation are also what you should be offering us

1 Like

Just posted this… hopefully it won’t offend

What I would truly like to know is who in the Wyze hierarchy is responsible for these types of decisions? are they based on chinese customs? are they perhaps done on a whim or is some features board convened to agree on implementation?. There have been so many seemingly arbitrary decisions made about what is good for the customers that end up being highly controversial. My suggestion is that decisions need be tailored to the country you are selling your devices and or services. This is the United States of America and as such, we like to do things our way, accepted methods are comforting to us and in my estimation are also what you should be offering us

2 Likes

No worries buddy. I do know that some of the founders and top leaders for Wyze are indeed American. It is my understanding that while some of them may have been born in China or elsewhere I think most of them are US citizens, or at least have lived and worked in the US for a long time. Still, there could be some cultural differences. but even within the USA, we have huge cultural polar opposites all over the place.

Still, I don’t really think culture is the main issue. I think it’s mostly business.

1. How critical is something. Does the thing work okay as it is?
  2. What percentage of people would truly need or use it, or is it more of a niche thing?
  3. What will be the overall cost/benefit ratio? Is it proportional? How much effort will it take? Can we adopt open-source solutions and just do slight modifications to make it work for us, or are we going to have to rewrite everything from scratch? How much testing is it going to take? Could it cause more problems in the ecosystem in any possible way?
  4. People love to complain no matter a company does, but in the end, words are words and overall profits sometimes tell a different story. Ironically, we can see lots of cases where a company improves more and more, offering more and more and yet there are more complaints and criticisms in both frequency, and degree/severity. This doesn’t usually mean the company is worse, and unbiased analysis will often show the opposite, but as a company gains more success it almost always increases in opposition too.

If we compare a list of things Wyze has added and improved to a list of things they’ve removed and taken away, it is easy to view all the software and firmware update notes and see the list is easily hundreds or thousands to one.

I am with you though, it can be frustrating that some of my own favorite requests like this one have taken so long to implement while others I don’t care about at all have already been implemented. I expect part of it has to to do with the amount of effort required for that implementation as explained above. Most of the things I want the most would also be the hardest to implement and require a lot of coding from scratch and a lot of testing while other things that do get implemented are simple or had opensource code that could be copied to save time.

I could certainly be incorrect, but having coding experience myself, and having owned and operated multiple businesses, including right now, and having to make similar decisions, I am fairly confident much of it is as I described. We’ve had employees and clients/customers think things looked arbitrary when we implemented things, but things were rarely as simple as they appear to those who don’t know everything involved.

Regardless, the more people who give things like this attention, the more likely Wyze is to think it is a higher priority issue based on the above list as they consider the cost/benefit ratio. So adding to the discussion as you do is very helpful.

I need the ability to share home Monitoring. My wife and I all need access at different times. Why is this not an option?

1 Like

Please read the above reply:

I hope they are taking these requests seriously. I am worried this is just a convenient way to burry and squirrel away requests. Instead of looking at each one as the request it is. I have worked in environments where you get requests that you don’t know how to or don’t want to deal with and they were “filled” for future consideration. That is what this feels like.

I guess my point is allowing sharing of the home monitoring service does not have to include granting higher permission level access. Granted it would be nice but that can come later. Just let it be shared how sharing is handled now and work on elevated permissions later.

1 Like

I like to see the ability to turn off notifications from a camera shared by others.
Currently I have to either delete the camera or request the sharer to turn off their notification.

All I want is to TURN OFF THE MICROPHONE! to shared parties. it is a total glass house issue and you have to guard what you say from the other side of the house.

I just set up this system and I find it very odd and lacking that I cannot share the ability to disarm, set to home, or away with someone that lives in the same house. I can understand (maybe) the limitation of not having noonlight calling more than one user but the lack of the ability to share home monitoring control with someone that lives in the same home is an insane oversight. Any fix to this?

The Home Monitoring App needs to allow for multiple users under one account. As is only my wife or I can get an alert.

I find that ‘short-sightedness’ is prevalent in many of Wyze’s releases

1 Like

I have shared the security with my wife and she accepted but she can not see the items that she has shared.

I would like for her to access, view & be able to change the security features.