Limit package-detection notifications

You have your motion only videos filtered out within your Events tab:

If you click the motion button at the top of the events page allowing those videos to be shown, you will find that you do indeed get multiple videos per minute of moving tree branches, just without the AI tags.

The difference is that you have Notifications for your motion only videos turned off, so you are never informed of them, yet they do still record and save to the cloud.

It is only when the cloud servers tag an AI object within one of these thousands of motion activated videos do you get notified because you have the AI notifications on and you see it in the Events tab because that is how you have your filters set.

The AI algorythims are FAR from accurate. It is not at all unusual to get a high rate of tagged events that are just plain wrong. There may not have been three of the AI objects that it tagged, but there were 3 motion events within that timeframe that resulted in 3 different Event Videos, albeit tagged incorrectly.

You aren’t receiving multiple duplicate notifications, you are receiving consecutive new event notifications tagging the same object in the cam field. Because of the short duration of the motion, it just looks like they happened at the same time because the thumbnails only show the minute it occurred, not the minute and the second. If you check the timestamp on the videos, I am confident you will find that the three videos you reverenced did not run concurrent but consecutive.

As @WildBill mentioned, ANY movement within the detection zone, even the slightest color change, can trigger a motion event depending on the sensitivity setting you have set.

Because of the way Wyze’s motion detection algorythims use the relative changes in light levels between adjacent pixels, which is a limitation of the effectiveness of the cams, the only two settings you have to reduce events and their corresponding notifications, short of repositioning the cam, is the detection zone and the sensitivity.

One other shortcoming of the cams is the AI ignoring the detection zones altogether once a motion event has been initiated.

I have this same issue with a cam and my doormat. There are some days when the wind is strong that my doormat hits me with package notifications all day. The doormat isn’t moving around, but sunbeams dancing on the pavement are. If you search thru the forums for ‘Vehicle Notifications’, you will see the same problem… Hundreds of repeat notifications for the same parked vehicle. It is the same concept. The motion sensing and the AI algorithms have no memory function whatsoever.

This very request is already on the Wishlist from well over 2 years ago and is also discussed in another topic:

3 Likes