iOS 18 and Wyze app

How are we at beta 3 for ios18 and still nothing from Wyze dev team ?? Guys , there is 0 reason at this point for not fixing it . Especially now that io18 is public beta !!

The reason the fix is to go back to iOS 17 is iOS 18 is a beta and there is a huge potential at the early stage that anything we fix may just break again, we do a lot of our work when the OS beta gets closer to release so that when it goes public out public app will also work.

1 Like

Has anything changed now that iOS 18 is now at the PUBLIC beta stage. I really want to update to the 18 public beta, but the Wyze app incompatibility is literally the only thing holding me back.

Not yet, we still have some major bugs we are working on.

How close? you do realize that the final release of iOS18 will likely be mid sept which is 8-9 weeks out.

Seems to be fixed in the Beta 4 released today!

It looks like users are reporting iOS 18 Beta 4 has fixed the issue, this is why we wait. Had we changed the app on our end it would have broke again when they fixed it.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m on iOS 18 and Iā€™ve got a serious video-loading-from-cloud issue that drives me up a wall.

However, texting with Android friends via RCS is lovely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Event playback works now but video streaming from any camera other than the Cam OG fails while on Wifi (public or private). I would not say it is fixed, but it is halfsies working, so itā€™s something.

Iā€™m still having the issue at home. Where the camera are located Iā€™m on iOS 18 beta 8 dev and still not working at home please advise.

Iā€™m still having the issue at home. Where the camera are located Iā€™m on iOS 18 beta 8 dev and still not working at home please advise. everywhere else i can access them. wyze 2 3 and a 4 unit as well as doorbell v1. Canadian user fully upgraded wyze app and ios 18 beta 8 dev

@WyzeMatt @WyzeMatt With iOS 18 only 7 days from general release, I think itā€™s safe to say the issues most are having with the Wyze app while on iOS 18 are within the Wyze app not iOS 18.

Can either of you or someone from Wyze please advise of a timeline for full iOS 18 compatibility. Iā€™m happy to provide relevant logs and work with whoever. I just want to be able to view all of my camera streams while on WiFi.

1 Like

Now its live and the app is not working as expected. @WyzeMatt when will this be fixed?

You did not have to update.
Security and stability updates for the supported version are and will be offered from Apple for a long time.

Apple will continue to make changes to their release up to the actual date, and then will be fixing their fixes once the general public points out all the bugs they turned loose on the public.

Most companies are not going to take their limited resources and commit them to chasing moving targets with their development for an OS that is still in flux while in beta and RC 1, 2, etc.

You are correct, I did not have to update. I did though, quite some time ago. I reached out to provide feedback and heard nothing, not even a ā€œWe arenā€™t going to entertain finding fixes until after it goes GAā€. Internal testing would have caught this issue, I wouldā€™ve hoped.

As for committing resources, you are once again correct. The problem is they appear to be dumping all of their resources into their AI subscription plans instead of listening to what features their customers want and fixing issues already present in their current offerings.

In the end, I just want something from Wyze acknowledging the issue. If they mentioned they had a time-frame or a plan Iā€™d be even more accepting. Until then, Iā€™ll keep pinging here. @WyzeMatt @WyzeJasonJ

I updated phone to IOS 18 yesterday. Since updating I am no longer able to view cameraā€™s on my phone. I can view on Wyze Web Live. My phone says Failure to connect error : code 22005. However they all are connected via my internet. I have power cycled all cameraā€™s and nothing will work.

Turn off your WiFi and itā€™ll work

I have over a dozen times today. They are still not working. They are connected to WiFi.