I am not getting AI notifications anymore?

Just a quick update on my “supposedly resolved” AI Person Notifications. All cameras and notifications for AI Person Detection were working fine late yesterday afternoon and last night prior to calling a day and hitting the sack. This morning though (with no settings changed, no power outages, no internet outages) it is once again hit or miss. One camera will not send any AI Person notifications even though it logs them in the events and even labels the event as “person” and then I have another camera that will occasionally send a notification. I walked past it, waved my arms and nothing. Waited about 5 minutes and did it again and it worked flawlessly. So there is no doubt that Wyze has some type of issue with AI and Notifications going on. I suspect (but it’s pure speculation on my part) that it is somehow related to the recent rollout of Cam Plus Lite where Person Detection is now being provided to any and all cameras on your account. Either way it’s disappointing and frustrating to have paid a year in advance for a service that was working just fine, but now it no longer works as it should. Without the proper notifications, the ability to use the cameras for security purposes is non-existent. Hopefully Wyze will make some corrections soon.

Seems when Cam Plus trial expired yesterday all notifications stopped. Also I am now seeing “Offline” icon showing on one the cams. So I am guessing from reading these posts that nothing can be done, no customer support option for this?

There are obviously some issues that seem to not be getting the necessary attention at Wyze. My notifications have been hit or miss on several of my cameras for soon to be weeks now and everything on all 5 cameras were working fine and had been for many months. Then suddenly the Person Detection became sketchy, if at all. Now all of the cameras once again recognize that aspect and log and label the event videos as a person, but notifications for the Person Detection is really hit or miss on a couple of cameras. No sure why, but I don’t and haven’t had Cam Plus on a trial basis. I have had it ever since it was first offered and I pay the annual fee in advance for the service. It’s beyond frustrating right now that so many people are talking about these problems and the communication from Wyze on this topic is lacking. But hey, at least I’m still getting all of those product notifications from their sales and marketing group and we all know that’s what counts the most.

1 Like

Yes, I absolutely DETEST bad or in this case NO customer help. I have had enough and most likely will return these 2 cams and will look around for something else.

Or can it be that one needs the Base station option in order for this to work efficiently guys or would that not make a difference?

I’m now having the same problem with one of my cams. I did the same things you did and it’s now working. Although I can see the live, nothing else works. I can’t even get it back on the original paid license anymore either, no matter what I do. It keeps saying the license is insufficient. I had to put it on a new trial license.
Edit: So a couple of hours ago I went to town and decided to check the cam. Lo and behold, it was working again.

Yes. CamPlus has been working relatively great since it came out, but this last month the AI has been very spotty. Vehicle detection for me is very bad, but I never had a problem before. I wish they could just revert their servers back, probably some AI bug.

1 Like

same problems here with AI notifications. i think Wyze should re-consider and see if they will let them do a retroactive bankruptcy! Then at lease we can get our money back! (yeah right)

It’s not just AI notifications. At first I stopped getting non-AI sound notifications. And now AI detection is completely borked. Most of my cams have stopped tagging AI events and are just giving me generic “Motion” events meanwhile my dogs are running all around the house, my dog walker was in and out all morning, but instead of Pet and Person events I’m just getting generic Motion events. I get notifications for some of them, not for others, and still Sound notifications are gone. This is on V2, V3, and Cam Pans.

Notifications, both AI and non-AI, have been broken for almost a month now. In the other thread I was told a firmware update was going to fix it. Well, earlier this week there was that firmware update. It didn’t fix a single thing. It actually made some of it worse. This is a small disaster, imo. I’m regretting having actually paid for Cam Plus.

1 Like

Since there seems to be no help for these problems guys, what other cams out there might one consider getting?

Ring, Blink, Arlo, and a few others seem to be pretty popular. The disadvantages to them are that the Amazon products are incredibly intrusive and spy on you no matter how you configure them and all of them are a bit more expensive than Wyze. Wyze’s big advantage is price, but their reliability is crap. If you need a truly reliable security/cam system, I’d say Wyze is at the bottom of list.

1 Like

If you like Wyze you likey are a fan of not paying a huge amount for cloud storage. So for that reason my 2nd choice was going to be Eufy and then next was Arlo. Both provide good options but in the end the reason I went to Wyze was it was one of the few that gives you 24/7 recording. None of the battery power cameras can do that for obvious power issues. And many of the cameras Eufy and Arlo have are designed to be battery powered.

That said both are great options if your unhappy with Wyze. But both come at a much higher cost to start for sure.

1 Like

That’s why I opted for the Wyze. I had seen one of the owners on Youtube singing with his daughter and he talked about it, so I figured I’d check it out. All 4 of the cams that I’d gotten still work fine. I don’t know what was wrong before but it seemed to work itself out, so I’m going to stick with them for now. My 94 yr old mother is getting a kick out of being able to watch my chickens anytime she wants. I’ll probably end up getting another one set up out there so I can watch them from another angle when I got out to visit her.

Thanks for the referral Dawson.

Main issue for me with the Wyze cams is that the notifications stopped working when Cam Plus trial expired so I have to wonder if I should get cam plus if it should start working again. I guess I can spend $15 for the year on it “if” that will solve that problem?

CamPlus will not fix the problem. If anything, it will make it worse.

So you mean it might have been just sheer coincidence that the notifications stopped working the same day the trial had ended?

My notifications broke shortly after I purchased CamPlus for all my cams. And since then they have been very inconsistent. Notifications for non-AI events stopped first. Then AI events stopped. Now AI events are not consistently being tagged and notifications work sporadically.

Basically, I’ve lost track of what’s working and what’s not because it changes from day to day.

1 Like

Ok tell me this please. In the event that there should be an intruder, I mainly will need to see that event. If I were to get the SD cards would I be able to go back 24 hours to see what happened, I mean without the notifications and events working?

Put a good 32 or 64GB card in you camera and set the cam for continuous recording. I have no problems with notifications, in fact I have them turned off because I get to many. My V3 on continuous recording in the SD mode added 14.9 GB to the 64GB card in the last 4 days, if your record in HD the card will fill faster

1 Like

I did the same thing, since I don’t need to be alerted on activity in the chicken run. And I took the card out since I needed it for something else. But it’s just loops once it gets full, right? Do you happen to know how many recordings will fit in a 32gb card?

Ok will do, thanks. I figure since I will be putting an alarm on the window, side and front door of the garage then no absolute need for notifications which was way too many in any case and not working consistently or accurately…