Google Home/Assistant Integration

I don’t have Google home but, now that you have explained your post a little , I get what you’re saying because I seen a lot of problems cropping up with many users with it

Are there any updates on the WebRTC implementation? I really haven’t been able to use the Google integration because the lag makes it impractical.

1 Like

We’re continuing to work on the implementation but I don’t have further updates at this time. Thanks for asking and we apologize for the lag!

Will we be able to control Wyze light bulbs and smart plugs with Google Smart Hub devices?

Hi, @cathyl. Please see these support articles:

Wyze Plug with Google Assistant

Wyze Bulb with Google Assistant

Oh, how I wish this were true. I have even stooped to uninstalling and resetting up all my Wyze products, and never do I get “Google” in the “works with” section. It only says Alexa. Nothing at all works or is recognized by my Google Hub Display. I’ve uninstalled, upgraded versions, reinstalled and re-set up everything multiple times with the same results. I’ve decided that apparently the 7 Wyze products I HAVE, will not work with Google. Super Frustrated. I’ve followed the instructions you referenced to a T, but still nothing. Giving up and likely sending back all my Wyze stuff.

I’m sorry to hear that, @cathyl! So, you’re saying when you try to use the Google Home app to link to your Wyze devices, it can’t find “Wyze Home” as a listing? I’m thinking maybe the instructions aren’t quite clear, so I’ve modified them a bit below to see it helps. Please let me know if it does, or not. :slight_smile:

How to connect Google Assistant:

1. Set up your Plug with your Wyze app and name your Plug
  2. Update your Plug firmware to the latest version by going to Account > Firmware Upgrade
  3. Download and configure the Google Home app (by Google LLC)
  4. Launch the Google Home app
  5. Tap Add (The “+” sign at the top-left)
  6. Tap Set up device
  7. Tap Works with Google
  8. Find the Wyze Home listing and log in with your Wyze account. (You can search for the service faster by selecting the magnifying glass at the top-right and type in Wyze Home there)
2 Likes

The instructions @DreadPirateRush posted just above this post should work. It seems what you are doing is looking in the WYZE app to set it up. It will not show a works with Google in the WYZE app, you will want to do the setup in the Google Home app. So steps 1 and 2 will be from the WYZE app and 4-8 from the Google Home app.

3 Likes

Yeah, sadly I only get the “I’m sorry, that stream is unavailable at the moment” and I’ve uninstalled, Reinstalled, repaired, etc…then did some googling and I’m not alone.

2 Likes

No. I’ve done all this, but Google Home won’t ever link with the bulbs, links with the cameras intermittently, but won’t stream them, and in the Wyze app itself, under the “Works with” tab, Google is not listed – only Alexa. I’ve tried everything I know how to do multiple times and with the assistance of techs from Wyze. Nothing works. Maybe once Wyze actually releases a “works with google” fix, things will change. Until then, it’s too much of a pain for me to have to have my phone turn on and off my lights, so I’ll be uninstalling the bulbs.

1 Like

I’m sorry that didn’t work for you. :frowning:

My recommendation at this point would be to contact support.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support.)

I already have. They offered nothing.

Any update on WebRTC implementation to make the Google Home experience better. The current implementation isn’t very useful it, it takes a long time to load, is delayed and often I have to reconnect the devices.

This was the last update I am aware of which was about 3 weeks ago. Important to note is that WebRTC currently only works with Alexa. Need to put in a request with Google to support WebRTC.

1 Like

We have a prototype working of WebRTC in connection with Alexa. We are far from production just yet as we need to add sound to the stream and being able to make the relay servers able to scale and support the level of reliability required. So progress but not enough to predict a release date. Keeping fingers crossed for an end of H1 but this is a big stretch!

6 Likes

what is the status of this one year later ? Most people are currently using Alexa, Google, or Apple Home. (percentages applied respectively) WHY is there not more movement on the 2nd largest group of your user base?

It’s been since May 2019 that I was hearing the promise of Google Home integration. I’m starting to regret the draw of a 20-30% lower cost because by now it would have meant $3-$4 a month spread out over time. (a cost i was already paying for the AI subscription that mysteriously disappeared and never to return) Google Nest products are dropping in price come late May/ early June. Maybe it’s time for Wyze to invest in the customers that invested in it to get this far?

1 Like

Our AI partner formed a partnership with Apple and that’s why AI was removed. However, that was never a charged service. We have our cloud version in beta testing now and hope to get it out to everyone before too long.

For your Google Assistant difficulty, what happens when you try to use the service? We heard that the changes made to the implementation helped many people but we’re not done with that yet. I’m happy to share your feedback with the team and we apologize for the frustration you’ve been experiencing.

The locks do not show up at all in my google home setup. The cameras even - have half the capacity in capabilities than other camera brands.

Looks like my camera and door sensor’s show up. Are you guys working on the IR motion sensor still? That doesn’t show up on Google home but does on alexa. Video works fine after the 15 seconds ish start-up delay.