Fix-It Friday 3/4/22

Feedback for Forum: Wyze Sense Hub firmware 4.32.8.213 causes issues with Rules and notifications

1. Verify Wyze Sense Hub firmware is updated to 4.32.8.213 through the app (Yes, I am on that firmware)

2. Confirm that the app reports network connection (Confirmed)

3. Are you able to arm/disarm using the keypad? (After 2 soft reboots, I can arm/disarm and the motion sensor lights up which arm/disarm I’m currently at)

4. Can you do it using the app? (Before the 2 soft reboots, I could use the app only but never heard sounds from the keypad or hub saying it was arm/disarmed)

5. Try holding the Reset button on the hub to reboot it (Did that 2 times. Once to get the system back up and running, and a second so I could get a new Motion Sensor V2 added)

6. If you’re having issues with your sensors, what is the message you see when they fail to pair? (It was a timeout message where I should of heard the hub say “Ready to Connect,” the loading at the top was 1/3 full always before it timed out)

7. Is it failing 100% of the time or are you able to succeed sometimes? (It was failing 100% until I did the 2nd soft reboot)

8. If you have sound issues, please confirm your tune sound is enabled for your sensors in Settings through Wyze Sense Hub Settings > Tune Settings. (After the 1st soft reboot, I opened my 2 Entry Sensors v2 on my doors, both didn’t have sound. Upon going into the app, under the Tune Settings, it seems the app switched them from On > Off.

After switching them back to On, the tune sound returned. I opened an Entry Sensor v2 on my window and watched in the app the Tune Setting for that window go from On > Off.

I theorized that if I flip my other window Entry Sensor V2 from On > Off > On again BEFORE testing the tune, the tune would return. After I tested that on/off/on sequence, and opened the window, the tune was working again.

So you either had to do an On > Off > On for the Entry Sensors V2s before you opened them or if you already opened them, then you’ll need to flip the Tune Setting back from Off to On.)

9. Are there any other sounds being played by your hub prior to the sensor being triggered? (After the firmware install, I had a crackling hum coming out of the hub. After the 1st soft reboot, that crackling hum was gone)

I forgot to give feedback, so sorry for the delay. I hope this helps!

1 Like