Firmware question

Does anyone know if the app will download the latest firmware when new ones roll out? My app says up to date but I’m not sure what the latest version is even supposed to be. I was reading earlier posts and was reading what others were posting and they were saying the firmware was downloaded to the sd card by the camera. What if there is no SD card? I have one in mine but I’m getting ready to install 3 of these for my mom and would like to know about this prior to it happening.

I believe back when they first came out you had to update firmware via an SDcard. That is not the way anymore. Currently if there is a firmware update for a product when you go into the product a pop up should come up saying there is a firmware update. The other option is in the app, lower right, go to account, then firmware upgrade and it will show if they are up to date or need updating.

4 Likes

Wyze Firmware info

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030219511-Keeping-Your-Camera-Updated

4 Likes

when you go into your account on the bottom right of the app home screen, go into update and it will show you what firmware you currently have for each device, and what the latest version is for that device. it then gives you the option right beside it to update one or all of the devices.

4 Likes