Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

This is just unacceptable, imo. I have a nest doorbell(before it was bought by Google) and one feature that keeps me paying the exhorbant yearly cost of storage, is the ability to go forward or backward as fast as I want with the flick of my finger. Motion is tagged in the scroll so I can stop and see what wildlife happened to eat my flowers that night. I don’t understand only being able to go forward or backward 30 seconds at a time with my wyze cameras.

3 Likes

in my opinion, it’s a very poor way of scrubbing it seems that Wyze, given the option always seems to make the least desirable choice

1 Like

I finally bite the bullet and switched my nests to google. You can still use the nest app and they still scrub the same way. Using them in the google home app it will only work on your iPhone. But still works. I’m slowing moving all mine to nest because of this ongoing lack of scrubbing on Wyze. I’m at 7 nest/ google cams for all one low price. Would have been Wyze if they would just listen to their customers. I was an original beta tester for Wyze and have been requesting this for years.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

3 Likes

Need better vision on events on the timeline like other software such as each event should be highlighted so you can go directly to the timeline and view events instead of having to view the time on the event then go into archive mode and find the time there. Then you are searching for it in the timeline.

My other brands including my video doorbell sllow you to go directly to the timeline and view highlighted events quickly and easily… Not so with Wyze it sooo frustrating.

2 Likes

Can’t you view the event and at bottom click the View Playback link to go directly to the event in the timeline for the recording on your SD card without having to manually find it? That’s how it works for me on the iOS version of the app.

1 Like

Glad you mentioned this, because all this time I didnt raalize that I could do that. I thought that option was just another way to save or download.

My “Playback” at the bottom is greyed out. I’m recording to mSD card and am not paying for any service. Are you paying for a service?

I don’t pay for any service and I use an mSD card to view playback. Mine isn’t grayed out. Are you sure your microsd card is being recognized?

Yep. I can go into the mSD card view, but scrolling around there trying to land on an event (with no fast-forward or scrub) is painful. I bought mine two weeks ago, and I’ve read the recent versions have this issue…?

1 Like

:thinking: I’m not having that issue with any of mine and I have 3 different kinds.

All I have to do is go to the events tab and pick an event that started the recording. Now, If I want to go back and forth to view the last hour before the event, I have to press the ‘30 seconds’ back arrow and it will let me view “live” every 30s. But it’s not like scrubbing(no clue that it meant being able to ff or rewind and see it in real time).

Yeah… I suspect I have this issue, which is disappointing.

I have CamPlus, but I don’t think it is related. Are you set to record continuously or just when an event occurs? If only recording events, you are already seeing what is recorded on the card and there is nothing more on the timeline.

but scrolling around there trying to land on an event

Going to the SD card from an event in the event list should take you directly to the event in question without having to scroll around.

1 Like

I know others have the same issue as I do. My Wyze only records 1 minute segments and you cannot watch them in a fast forward but only in jumps. I put the Micro SD card into my coumputer and process the segments using AVS4YOU video converter and it will let me watch all continuously and also in fast forward. I do not for the life of me know why Wyze cannot do this with their app. If you wanted to watch the night sky youve recorded to sit there and push the 30 second butlon all day to jump forward in just wrong. Come on Wyze, you can do it, if I owned wyze it would be done already because your customers want it. What say ye? I love my Wyze cams, just need a better playback options and playback speed options. then, add a Cast button so we can send it to our big screen TV. I also found I could highlight all the 1 minute video’s and ad them to my Wondows Media player playlist and then view them, fast forward, or slow motion and the play continously. I am not doinf real good finding things in wishlist, so here we go. It is a pain to have to remove the Micros sd and plug that into my coumuter and do all these things to watch a night sky video.

3 Likes

Amen !!!

Come on Wyze you can do this!

1 Like

Simply stated, the 30 second skip is often too large of a window to capture the action that caused the recording to happen, I can tap through a 3-minute clip in 30 second intervals and still not see the event that caused the recording. A 5 second skip would require more “touches or icon button pushes”, but it would be much more likely to catch/see the action that caused the recording within a 5 second click instead of a 30 second clip. For those that want/need/desire the original 30 second clip, Wyze programmers could give the users the option to set their own preference of skip time. – Thanks for your consideration.

4 Likes

Everyone, breaking news! Wyze team (thanks Kyle!) confirmed they are working on video playback scrubbing on the Tiktok live today!! I couldn’t be happier!!!

4 Likes

Thanks for the Great News!!

1 Like

Yes!!!

1 Like