Fast Forward/Rewind (and other scrubbing alternatives) In SD Card Playback

Finally you got it done I just got a Firmware patch sent to my emal to test fast forward and rewind and it works fine

2 Likes

Make the playback from Camera SD card feature have a playback speed feature.

Such as playback at 2, 3, 4 times the normal speed, This would make much easier to find events in the past. It is very hard to find an event in the playback feature on a phone.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. This is exactly what I would like to see added as a new feature.

Needs to scrub and id points in time.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.

1 Like

I believe that that feature is already in beta

Could we get a way to goto specific time or range on playback.

Also time range of alerts.
Use case: lots of motion triggers yesterday bu I want to see what happened between 1pm and 2pm on all “front cameras”.

1 Like

+1 vote for variable speed scrubbing. Just like my Nest cams.

Today I use my Nest cam covering part of my backyard to quickly scrub the previous night continuous recording. Once I find something of interest only then can I search on my Wyze v3. Otherwise i don’t have the time to review the Wyze footage at 1x speed.

I het that the file system needs to be redesigned. There are instances of file systems and/or formats changing. People will update, adapt, and we will look back as this like the many other format changes in technology over the years.

I’m in the market for an outdoor cam now and it would be a no brainer but for this issue. I’m currently leaning towards the much more expensive Nest…

If this one issue could get fixed, I’d switch all my cameras to Wyze.

3 Likes

How’s it working?

Works great has 2x 4x 6xForward and rewind

1 Like

Maybe from 0.5x, 2x 4x,8x,16x

1 Like

Exactly! This feature is really holding Wyze cameras back. Improve the playback and you will see more sales.

2 Likes

Yes this is a must have feature when you record continuously to an SD card. I regularly have to look at camera footage to see which of my brat dogs(lol, I love them) got into whatever on any given day

4 Likes

I have RTSP on my 6 V3’s, and one V2, so they get used in BlueIris, my Two Pan Cam V2’s don’t have RTSP, hoping that changes in the future. When my Video Doorbell fails someday, it’ll be replaced by a Doorbell that has RTSP (Any suggestions from the community for a RTSP doorbell replacement that works well for them, and also displays somewhat ‘instantly’ on a Echo Show?)

SJ

I have a suggestion for the WYZE Player on an android phone. Fix the player so that you can pause at specific spots in the 12 second video streams so that we can snapshot the pause and don’t restart play back until it is requested. Dang, it is frustrating when you can not pause at a specific playback spot. Maybe even add the option to slow motion the video (or FF) would be nice also. Thanks.
Oh, I don’t know if this is an issue on any other platform, just android for me specifically a Samsung Galaxy S9.

This needs at the very least a 16x for those of us that do not use events etc due to constant movement conditions

1 Like

This has been wishlisted for over 3 years, and still nothing? It is such an obvious feature.

1 Like

At least showing MARKERS would be very helpful

1 Like

Fast forward with continuous frame slide is a key…Markers for every event is also very helpfull…or fast forward/rewind with adjustable duration to skip to be set by each user similar to how we set timelapse.

Fast forward with continuous frame slide is a key…Markers for every event is also very helpfull…or fast forward/rewind with adjustable duration to skip to be set by each user similar to how we set timelapse.

3 Likes

We’ve been asking for this for years…. Zzzzzzz

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity, spelling and punctuation.