Explain why I just paid for cam plus

I’ve come to learn that the above advert really doesn’t mean cloud recording as it would lead one to believe. Before I cancel because I feel like I was duped, can someone explain why I would continue to pay for cam plus?

What did you think cloud recording to mean?

Matt Van Swol
Head of Subscription Growth

4 Likes

In the event of a robbery, if your cameras are stolen or destroyed SD card video will be gone. Videos stored on the Wyze Cloud servers will be there for 14 days for you to retrieve.

2 Likes

Exactly.

“Cloud storage” is just another way of saying “cloud video recording.” Perhaps we should be more clear in our language of what this means.

Personally I think “cloud storage” is less clear than “cloud video recording” but I’d be interested in what the community thinks about that.

Matt Van Swol
Head of Subscription Growth

3 Likes

It also says “Everyone gets access to local storage*” but that doesn’t work.
I noticed there was an asterisk after that claim. Does the asterisk mean local storage doesn’t work?

That part could also be interpreted incorrectly. When they say everyone, they mean it’s the default, available without a subscription.

It could be interpreted as shared users also can access it which is not true. However since shared users are not mentioned anywhere else in that section, I think most will understand what they mean.

1 Like

It may be worded that way because I did have to buy SD cards for all of my v3 cameras to be able to record locally.

3 Likes

I didn’t mean the word “everybody” meant the general public could view storage,
My comment was meant to mean access to local storage doesn’t work.

Maybe the ‘*’ (asterisk) after their statement means "unless you pay for a subscription.

Local/SD and cloud storage are independent of each other; one does not affect the other. You can use either or both. Cloud storage is either free (Cam+ Lite) or paid (Cam+). Your choice.

1 Like

What is not working about the local storage? As long as you have an SD card it should work fine.

1 Like

The Wyze services for the cameras are confusing - there are too many variations for different camera types. Simplify the damn thing.

4 Likes

We are

5 Likes

Sweet! Thanks!

1 Like