Direct connection to cam under the same network

I have issues with the life video feed. When watching the video. It goes like 3 to 5 seconds behind.

I have noticed that the video goes up to internet from the cam and then it comes down from internet to my phone. That instead of connecting directly to the cam when I am under the same network.

I am having the same problem with the video playback too, as it also has to go up and down the internet (as life feed) instead of showing the feed directly from the cam even when connected under the same network.

My uplink is not as fast as my downlink; therefore, almost always life video feed gets behind and video playback shows kind of slow.

Actually, the video stream stays within your local network when the phone and camera are on the same network. You can verify this by disconnecting your internet connection while leaving your local network active. You’ll see that the stream will continue.

That said, to troubleshoot the delay you are experiencing, I’d suggest contacting Customer Support (206) 339-9646 Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT .

4 Likes

If your app version supports it turn on hardware decoding / acceleration. Makes a world of difference on Android.