Direct access to SD card with download ability

Just want to add another vote for faster-than-real time recording of video that has been captured to the SD card. =OR= for any other simple way to quickly capture large chunks of video from the SD cards of my WYZE cams located 100 miles away in another city.

Very closely related, I want to add a vote for the ability to specify the file storage location within the app on Android devices so that the SD card on the device is used instead of the device’s internal memory. Many apps have this ability, so it should be relatively simple to implement. I unexpectedly learned about this situation the hard way when the whole app went bonkers because the 16 GB tablet storage was full, but there was plenty of room on the 128 GB SD card. (was quickly fixed by moving the half gig of video files off to a PC and reinstalling the app)

I understand and greatly appreciate that this is a $20 device, and all warning against mission critical use, so whatever works and is simple for the programmers to implement is great. I don’t mind work arounds as long as they work. :slightly_smiling_face: In three weeks I have acquired six of the v2’s and they are working exceptionally well with both Apple and Android devices. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like