Defective doorbell?

Does anyone know why my doorbell has a solid orange or yellow light? My doorbell stopped working so I deleted it and tried adding again. Now all it does it flash orange or yellow once and makes a clicking sound. No ready to connect tone or anything. I’m lost :confused: is my doorbell defective? Oh I have also hit the reset button multiple times and still nothing

The flashing light usually indicates that the device is ready to be added. If you are adding it again through the app it should walk you through the process and ask for a QR code.

The light isn’t flashing. It’s solid

| | Donna Mckee - Chat @ Spike | xpp51 |

• | - | - | - |

| vaaish
March 10 |

• | - |

The flashing light usually indicates that the device is ready to be added. If you are adding it again through the app it should walk you through the process and ask for a QR code.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

It’s a steady orange or yellow light. Not flashing. It will blink once then turn off and then back on a steady amd makes clicking sounds. Sorry hard to explain

That seems odd. Have you popped the doorbell off the base and used the reset button on the back?

It almost sounds like it’s losing power (transformer isn’t strong enough), or it got stuck somehow and you need to try physicallly resetting it.

I have pushed the reset button numerous times. This might be a dumb question, but how would I fix the transformer :rofl: I’m clueless when it comes to electrical crap

| | Donna Mckee - Chat @ Spike | xpru0 |

• | - | - | - |

| vaaish
March 10 |

• | - |

That seems odd. Have you popped the doorbell off the base and used the reset button on the back?

It almost sounds like it’s losing power (transformer isn’t strong enough), or it got stuck somehow and you need to try physicallly resetting it.

In Reply To

| madison41605
March 10 |

• | - |

It’s a steady orange or yellow light. Not flashing. It will blink once then turn off and then back on a steady amd makes clicking sounds. Sorry hard to explain

Would this be a better option? I’m thinking since my house was built in the 70’s my transformer is pretty old and outdated.

| | Donna Mckee - Chat @ Spike | xpt44 |

• | - | - | - |

I have pushed the reset button numerous times. This might be a dumb question, but how would I fix the transformer :rofl: I’m clueless when it comes to electrical crap

| | Donna Mckee - Chat @ Spike | xpru0 |

• | - | - | - |

| vaaish
March 10 |

• | - |

In Reply To

| madison41605
March 10 |

• | - |

The first step is to check your existing transformer and see if it’s giving the doorbell enough power. If it is, then it’s probably something with the doorbell. I’d probably check the wiring to make sure you don’t have any loose connections if the transformer is good.

You’ll need to look at your existing transformer and make sure its this: 16V-24V AC, ≥10VA. It should say it on there.

Ok sorry to keep bugging you, but would you happen to know where the transformer would be located? We are renting this house and our landlords wouldn’t know anything because they bought the property from someone else

| | Donna Mckee - Chat @ Spike | xpw7a |

• | - | - | - |

| vaaish
March 10 |

• | - |

The first step is to check your existing transformer and see if it’s giving the doorbell enough power. If it is, then it’s probably something with the doorbell. I’d probably check the wiring to make sure you don’t have any loose connections if the transformer is good.

You’ll need to look at your existing transformer and make sure its this: 16V-24V AC, ≥10VA. It should say it on there.

In Reply To

| madison41605
March 10 |

• | - |

Would this be a better option? I’m thinking since my house was built in the 70’s my transformer is pretty old and outdated. [image] | | Donna Mckee - Chat @ Spike | [xpt44] | | - | - | - | I have pushed the reset button numerous times. This might be a dumb question, but how would I fix the t…

Mine was behind the chime box for the old doorbell. Same place where you bypassed your existing chime when installing the doorbell.

I was thinking of looking there , but I’m thinking it probably won’t be there since this house was built in 1976. I’ll check though. Thanks for your help :blush:

| | Donna Mckee - Chat @ Spike | xpxca |

• | - | - | - |

| vaaish
March 10 |

• | - |

Mine was behind the chime box for the old doorbell. Same place where you bypassed your existing chime when installing the doorbell.

In Reply To

| madison41605
March 10 |

• | - |

Ok sorry to keep bugging you, but would you happen to know where the transformer would be located? We are renting this house and our landlords wouldn’t know anything because they bought the property from someone else [image] | | Donna Mckee - Chat @ Spike | [xpw7a] | | - | - | - | [vaaish] …

Hello, were you ever able to figure out what the issue was with the solid yellow light? I experience the same issue after trying to update the firmware on my doorbell. Wyze support didn’t have any helpful suggestions other than holding down the reset button. My doorbell is out of the warranty period too, so I am trying to figure out the issue.
Thanks!

No. I did not

Thanks for the reply.

No problem. I ended up getting a ring doorbell lol