Cloud Person Detection update (02/21)

I haven’t gotten person detection to work on any of my three cameras rebooted them. The only thing I can think of is to delete them from the app and re-add them and see if that works. I should be getting person detection alerts a lot in the living room

Just signed up to start testing. What wyze is doing, is why I’m in the industry. I’m excited

1 Like

@WyzeShawn So, will this person detection work similarly to the other version?

Basically asking, if I use a PIR motion sensor, am I wasting my time even turning it on?

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it a waste. Especially because you can filter your recordings by person detection

1 Like

No, you absolutely cannot “filter” if the software doesn’t detect “Person.” It didn’t work AT ALL with the XNOR version, which is why I am asking @WyzeShawn for the answer.

1 Like

Is person detection going to be firmware based (i.e. done by the camera and NOT by the cloud) in the future like it originally was? Cloud based is useless for those that record to an internal SD Card from what I understand of the recording to SD function.

1 Like

My cameras are not working properly. I have followed all the best practices and the detection motion or person is ready for prime time. I am thinking about leaving beta and hope that the release to production will come soon.

1 Like

Wyze’s current plan is to move to cloud based only. This way the V1 camera can be supported for the person detection, too. The prior Xnor.ai firmware based person detection never worked with the SD recordings, only the event notification videos.

3 Likes

Can you provide a little more info when you say ‘not working properly’. Specifically what problems are you seeing?
Have you upgraded to the V2.9.20 app and the 4.9.5.105 FW?

1 Like

It will detect person inside the motion events

1 Like

@WyzeShawn I used to be able to see the exact thing you have on that screenshot. After the latest beta update (firmware and app) I clicked on disable service accidentally and now I can’t get to the enable service button. The enable button is now greyed out. Am I no longer whitelisted? Do I need to be put back on the whitelist?

be glad to send in videos for training

3 Likes

So, in other words, No…

Because I just tried using person detection triggered by the PIR motion sensor and I do not get any indication even though I am clearly visible in the video.

If the algorithm is done on cloud videos, why are “Smart video alerts” excluded from person detection?

1 Like

So what is the expected timeline for when the new Cloud Person Detection will work when CMC (Complete Motion Capture) is enabled?

In the meanwhile, I can confirm all my Wyze v2 cams were whitelisted and the ones with CMC disabled are generating Person Detection notifications / clips.

2 Likes

I have the same problem as @bobes25 above … I disabled person detection now I can’t can’t get it to enable… What do we do?

1 Like

This also caught me out. I went to ‘disable’ but noticed the message just before I turned it off. Luckily I realized I just had to turn the on/off toggle switch. Good luck, I hope you get the service enabled again.

1 Like

Sorry I have not replied sooner, but I am trying to work through the beta issues… I found if I ungrouped the cameras I had a better experience with the the process of becoming a beta tester. I left and cleaned up the app. Ungrouped the cameras and joined again. The experience has been better. Will see what happens over the next few days. Thanks for your help.

@WyzeShawn

I’ve gotten exactly zero person detection notifications since I turned it on. I’ve reset my cams. I’ve deleted and re added and still nothing. Any advice. Here’s my setup. And I don’t have CMC or any 3rd party apps.

I don’t know much but it has been working very very well for me so far. Only a handful of false positives!

1 Like

It’s working great for me now. Zero errors

1 Like

I signed up to be whitelisted the exact hour the message was posted, yet, I was never selected, but, a friend of mine that did it days later was selected.

Is this all random or what, it isn’t first come first serve.

Or is it because I have a V1, and nothing is showing up when I try to turn it on, and it turns itself off again?

1 Like