Can Wyze Cam capture its own theft?

Update to my Previous Post;

SETUP:
— Wyzecam mounted Inside looking Out, through a Window.
— Night Vision OFF (IR LED’s off).
— 300 Lumen, Motion Detecting, Dusk to Dawn, Battery Powered LED “Puck” Light like the Over Lite (Amazon) mounted Outside on the Window, Inline with the Camera’s View.

BAD:
— At close range, the Over Lite is WAY TOO BRIGHT. I had to cover 95% of the LED’s with Electrical Tape to prevent “Washout”.
— The Motion Sensor of the Over Lite is WAY TOO SENSITIVE. I had to cover the upper 50% of the Sensor with Electrical Tape.

GOOD:
— The Camera provides Motion Alerts, with ZERO False Alerts.
— The Camera Records CONSTANTLY, as long as there is Movement (the Puck Light stays ON).
— Because the IR is OFF, Clarity and Color is excellent.

CONCLUSION:
— For monitoring a Front or Back Door, this Setup checked all of my boxes; albeit, with a little “tinkering”.
— Combining a Battery Powered, Extremely Loud, Audible Alarm like the Swann Driveway Alert (Amazon) mounted Outside, pointing at the Door, with the sudden Puck Light turning on, presents a would-be perpetrator with a Serious Dilemma — “I wonder what ‘Other Surprises’ are in store for me if I continue”.
— Because it is Inside, the Camera would be very difficult to steal.
— The Setup would be WAY TOO MUCH WORK for a thief to dismantle. They are likely to go to the next house.
— This Setup is very good for Security at Night, but doesn’t affect the Camera’s Daytime default.
— It does not address the Outside Mounted Camera with situations of False Alerts and Theft.
— To accomplish the ideal 24 hour Monitoring Device, MaxDrive MUST record Live Streaming. It will be USELESS as a Backup Device.

3 Likes