App in need of serious redesign - Yes or No?

Dang it! I thought I got rid of her years ago!!! Oh well if Dementia wants to take another stab at… oh look colors! Ah what were we talking about?

1 Like

It’s a forum, a place to freely express thoughts and ideas. If you find that it’s more than you can handle, feel free to unsubscribe

1 Like

Now don’t be cranky.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m not… I don’t think I am, might be though… I can’t remember

1 Like

Hi, Austin. Maybe this would be worthwhile to address at some point.

There are screens in the app in which the leftmost and/or rightmost “button” seems very close to the edge of my mobile’s display. Sometimes the button is an icon and sometimes it’s text. Often there is only a single button on the left- and/or right-side on that line of the screen.

When the buttons are so close to the edge, they are difficult for me to tap, especially when the tap area is defined to be narrow. There is usually room to move the button closer to the centerline or to make the tap area wider in that direction.

This change, and most of the others called out here, would make navigation much easier for me. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Is it possible for you to upload an example screenshot?

Hey Austin

When accessing SD Playback footage directly via Liveview, fat-fingering the < button immediately after access (hoping to go to the most recent SD Event footage) sometimes changes the Timeline date to Dec 31 1969.

The < > buttons at screen edge (in landscape especially, my default) are very easy to fat-finger.

I use 7" Android tablets exclusively. @becktea , two posts above, may be describing something similar.

/edit-add

Here’s a variation.

This is the way the Timeline < > looks when tapping an Android Event notification, Wyze app displaying Event in Landscape orientation, then tapping the Playback icon to go to the expanded video Event, also displayed in Landscape:

The < > 's are back ‘lit’ so’s you can see 'em, but their function is just as frustrating re fat-fingering. Even if you don’t get stuck in the 1969 Unix glitch, it just smoggles the Timeline position as opposed to jumping to the next Playback Event, and you don’t know where the heck you are. :confounded:

@milehiguy :

Is your iOS app experience re fat-fingering these < > 's anything like mine in Android?

1 Like

@AustinByr Please test any GUI changes out on tablets too (iPad in my case), both vertically and horizontally. Thanks.

December 31, 1969 The Old Unix Glitch

2 Likes

Ah, so. Thanks, icu. :slight_smile:

Yeah, after you’ve fat-fingered yourself 50 years into the past, you’re pretty much hosed - until you tap the date, get the calendar popup, which has the correct date already selected, tap the day and you’re back to the future.

A lesser peep, however, might just whimper, hit the global “back” button, and seek comfort elsewhere. That is a violation of the UX bill of rights and we shall not stand for it. :wink:

1 Like

Hey milehiguy

Is your iOS app experience re fat-fingering these < > 's anything like mine in Android as I’ve detailed above?

Hey, maybe Wyze has figured out where the door to the Space/Time continuum exists and is going to give us a button for it! I like it…

1 Like

Yes, I would not underestimate Wyze. They quiver within the Space/Time continuum in ways we have yet to comprehend.  equanimityy

I tried to post some screenshots but maybe I did not do it correctly. They seem to be showing up as new posts rather than as replies? Anyway, I put a couple out… it’s mostly the right-hand side of the display that the app icons/text buttons seem particularly close. I have very narrow side margins on my devices.

Couldn’t replicate the Dec 31 1969 anomaly on my iPad Pro (9.7" vintage 2016)

Yes, the < > here are a bit hard to touch, unless using my capacitive touch stick, which I do quite often. :wink:

I can confirm that it’s displayed similarly on my iPad, though perhaps because I have Dark Mode enabled, the colors appear different than yours (ref. screenshot below). Bottom line, in this example though, is that the < > in the Event playback timeline is easier to see, at least, because the arrows appear over a color block, not directly plotted on the timeline itself. Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

Oooooh, I have capacitive touch stick envy, I think. :star_struck:

Thanks for comparing, milehi, :slight_smile: it’s useful to see how the other half :apple: lives.

1 Like

Hi becktea, is it any of the one’s I’ve circled and numbered here: