Wyze Sprinkler Controller - Outdoor enclosure

This is in development and has been moved to the Roadmap!

8 Likes

@Kenny is right! We are working on the enclosure to address your specific need!

7 Likes

What’s the timeline for the enclosure? I already have the sprinkler and an open return for it but I haven’t sent it back yet. I’d rather keep it if the timeline is relatively short.

2 Likes

I just installed my new Sprinkler controller. Since my controller is outside, as is 99% of those in Arizona and Illinois. I had to buy a weatherproof enclosure. The Orbit Universal Cabinet worked great and is well built, albeit adding $40 to the overall cost. What market research told you that Sprinkler controllers were indoors???

However … on to my major fatal design issue …

The Sprinkler display is TOTALLY INVISIBLE in ANY sunlight. Even when manually shielding it from the sun the blue display is essentially unreadable! Terrible fatal flaw! Had I known this I would not have purchased the unit but now that I ripped out my old unit I am unfortunately committed. Did your product engineers and managers not field test the unit? The reason this is a fatal design flaw is when someone is working on an irrigation system to repair a leak (a very common problem) the repairman needs to be able to easily, reliably, quickly turn the leaking zone On and Off during the testing and repair process. Since you literally can not see the display there is no way to do this from the unit, only from the app, which the repairman doesn’t have. Not good,

7 Likes

Did you ever get a reply to this?

We’re working on it! And if you can, please respond to this poll about PVC pipe size:

We’d love to get your input :slight_smile:

1 Like

3/4

My existing pipe for cord is 1 inch.

Same 1", since I’m in AZ the pencil box sounds like it will work as an interim given little rain and it’s already relatively protected from elements.

Any idea when we might see this? I’m going to have to just use the old sprinkler controller soon. It’s about time to start watering my bermuda.

It will most likely be available in late May; bear with us!

1 Like

What are the chances that early buyers could just get this for free since we were part of the day one buys and we still cannot use our sprinkler controllers if it’s replacing something outside? :)… which it seems like most may be.

3 Likes

I just opened the box and it says I can’t use in exterior location. I put in a support ticket to return it.

1 Like

Searching Amazon for a box that will fit this long and narrow controller. I bet the one being developed will be best but… surprise! It’s time to start using the sprinklers! The external waterproof box for this should be free with purchase as I have to figure out how to mount this in order to actually use this product I backed. The free gift for backing should be this enclosure ASAP.

I 2nd that… this should be offered to current customers that have backed-up the sprinkler system for free from the jump.
@WYZE I’m generally happy with your other products as an early adopter of the tech, but this one was not expected!

1 Like

Looking to retrofit mine into my existing Rainbird controller outdoor housing. Should fit.

BUT… somewhere in specs I recall a limitation of 120 degree peak temp for the unit. Out here, in AZ, we call that summer, How critical is that temperature?

The box itself will provide shade from sun, and box will also be in shade the majority of the day.

Is it likely to cause damage to the product, or just a temporary failure should the temps exceed 120 degrees?

4 Likes

Are there any updates as to when an outdoor enclosure will be available?

It is now July and I have hard nothing, May has long come and gone.

1 Like

Wyze Sprinkler Controller Weatherproof Box

3 Likes

Bought a sprinkler controller today on the Wyze web site, then had to cancel it after I read this forum thread… WHY is Wyze simply not selling the Sprinkler Controller WITH this enclosure?

Aren’t most sprinkler controllers outdoors in the elements?

Before I saw this forum thread, I assumed the unit was weatherproof… how I see I must purchase the Wyze Weatherproof Sprinkler Controller Box separately from the Sprinkler Controller.

Why not bundle the two together as a package in the store as an option, and, if possible, make a a little lower cost for the bundle purchase?

SJ