Wyze Sense Hub Firmware 4.32.8.213 Released - 3/2/22

See the point I’m making though is this is not an excuse or even a reason to justify any of this because the only thing that should be being worked on right now is allowing and/or supporting firmware downgrading. This whole, we don’t have the data we need to fix it so there is nothing we can do act, is crap. There most certainly is something that can be done and it’s even more important that it be done then finding the root cause of this firmware problem. Supporting firmware downgrading will be invaluable now and for the foreseeable future. Anytime there is a firmware problem (with wyze it’s about 78% of the firmware released has a new or preexisting bug) downgrading will allow users to continue to use the devices they paid for. See because having to wait such extended periods of time, like months, just to use a device that was already paid for setup and in use is just crazy to me. Iv never experienced that with any other company or product in my entire life.

I remember in the past after updating firmware on a device you used to be able to go to device settings and select firmware and it would show up to date and below it there was a green link that said “having trouble” or something along those lines and when you clicked on it, it would give you the option to revert back to previous firmware. What happened to that?

Really even if they don’t increase the QA on firmware updates (which definitely needs to be done) at least if all their devices support firmware downgrading then the consumer still has options. If it’s a critical feature they lost or a critical device that won’t function they can rollback. If it’s a feature they don’t use or device that isn’t that important they can choose to wait it out. But it’s unacceptable for wyze to be making those choices on behalf of the consumer when it forces the consumer to now be on wyze’s timeline and priority schedule. Especially when wyze has to know they have a problem making good firmware.

1 Like