Wyze relay switch (not a smart plug)

The button should be smart and addressable on the WiFi so the wyze app can electronically open the garage door indirectly via the 2 wire button receiving a command via WiFi.

It would be kind of cool if Wyze could come out with a Low Voltage Relay. One could control a Garage Door with such a device,

I agree. I would purchase one.

I have my garage door hooked up to a Wyze plug that feeds a 110v relay. The relay is wired around my open close button inside the garage so when the plug is activated it opens and closes the garage. I set it up for on for one second then back off because it only needs the signal from the button for a second. But sure would be more combiner if they just made a Wyze relay

Just a dry contact that would have a common and normally open and normally closed terminals. . . and controlled by a Wyze rule (shortcut, schedule or trigger).

1 Like

Iā€™m still liking the idea of a Wyze Relay, similar to the Shelly relay below. I think Iā€™d put them all over my house. Has Shelly (and others) made this less likely?

2 Likes

Simple on/off switch

Sonoff makes the following SONOFF RE5V1C ā€“ 5V wifi inching/selflock relay module:

I use it to open/close my garages and the gate for our community. We all have the eWelink app to be able to open the gate individually.

Iā€™d like Wyze to build these so I could have all my smart home capabilities on one app, and not have to fumble between the two (and actually had 3 because I was using Nest Doorbell until they did away with IFTTT.

1 Like

Hi, I after wyze smart inline switch for 240V (or 110V). It is currently being made by Grid Connect. See photo and link for around $25 Australian dollars.

This switch is incredibly easy for an electrician to wire to your house, you can power almost anything and control it from your phone.

I would like to hardwire in my flood lights to activate when my Wyze camera detects a person in the yard after dark for a certain period of time. Similar to the Wyze floodlights, but I want to use my 200w LED floods. The uses are endless and this thing is very simple. Iā€™m sure Wyze could make it over the weekend. Please make the product, you will sell millions!

Nick

Smart Inline Switch

That is a great idea thank you im doing that now ! Thank you

Wzye Sprinklerā€¦ so close but so far

Guys here is an easy one for you. I want you to do like half an afternoonā€™s worth of work on the app for the wyze sprinkler to make it into something that would be really awesome. I actually bought it because I need something to help automate my laundromat and the wyze plugs donā€™t fit the bill entirely even after I modified them to work on 12VDC. See if the internet goes down the plugs wonā€™t get the signal to either turn on or turn off on a schedule. I need to make sure my doors and lights turn off and turn on on time or Iā€™ll have angry customers. I was reading that the sprinkler will work on a schedule even when the internet is down.

I already figured out that it works just fine when you plug 12VDC into it, and it will output 12VDC as well. (Basic electronics, electronics run on DC, usually 5 volts or less, so any AC that comes in has to be converted to DC and stepped down and if you put DC through an AC to DC converter (full wave bridge) it just passes the DC) So it will be able to control 12VDC relays of which I have dozens. The problem is that you canā€™t actually set a schedule in the wyze sprinkler app. And you canā€™t turn a zone on for more than 3 hours at a time.

So help me out a little guys. Can you do some minor mods to the sprinkler app so that it can be turned into an 8 zone relay controller with an offline schedule if the internet goes down? With absolutely no hardware changes other than a 12VDC power supply instead of a 24VAC you can make a module with much more of a market demand that a sprinkler controller. You can market it as a light and automation controller for business and home. I could think of dozens of different applications for it just around my laundromat. Reformat the software so that itā€™s more like a wyze plug. Turn on and off zones at will, trigger with rules. No worries about if it will work if the internet is down or not.

1 Like

Yes, I would like this, too! Maybe have the feature to input different amounts of power so we could control the brightness of lights and things like that connected to it with different cycles. (push button, push again increases power, push again increases power, push again turns off; or the other way so if I push it decreases power.) Also, be able to set how much power each setting puts out.

It would also be nice to be able to put these into remote ā€œfoldersā€ so if Iā€™m building an electric fireplace I can have one button to turn on the heat, another for a timer of when to turn everything off, and another for the flame all in a nice, recognizable remote dashboard style.

It would also be nice to make a physical button to control the switch (maybe sold separately, and of course not directly attached to the switch so we could run a wire for it somewhere else.) Maybe it could have different-sized, shaped, materials (hard plastic, metal, soft rubber), and colored replaceable end caps to fit the look of our button panel.

Please add this someday within the next five or so years. We could be able to control so many things!

2 Likes

I am glad I found this thread. FOLLOWING.
I need this as well. I bought one off Amazon, but of course it does not work with the Wyze ecosystem. I would love to set up a relay to close for 5 seconds to activate something I have when one of my Wyze cams senses motion. For exampleā€¦ I have an actual in-house hard wired alarm system at my business with extremely loud horn and all. I had my alarm guy wire JUST the horn to a relay I bought off Amazon so that I can set it off at will while at home. This helps keep the unwanted from lingering in my storefront vestibule outside. Works great, but would work even better if it were a Wyze relay so I can automate it. :slight_smile:

That is an interesting problem, but I would fear retaliation. Maybe consider messaging the police or a big mook too run them off?

Ha ha. Yes it is. Right now I have the Wyze flood wireless cam with the siren built-in. Iā€™ve been using that and itā€™s been working. I just want a back up just in case. Iā€™m not worried about anything.

Iā€™ve been speaking to wyze for the past 3 years. They keep on promising me that theyā€™re working on it. And theyā€™re gonna do it, every time I call them. They donā€™t know what iā€™m talking about,
It would be a very simple item,
A dry contact output ,controlled via the wyze app, with options of momentary or latching outputs, and time settings for how long the momentary output would be ,or only as one is pressing to trigger to trigger the relay ,for example a door release ,and should be on same page as the cameraā€™s, also in conjunction with door cam ā€¦