View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I will not buy any more Wyze products, cams or otherwise, until Wyze gets more specific about Windows integration. I like my Wyze products, but until Wyze gets serious about listening to their customers and giving us the most requested feature, i will start to look at other products. Cost is not everything. If Wyze needs to sell a dedicated application, or sell a license, whatever, just do it! I have 5 Wyze cameras, multiple plugs and am very interested in buying more Wyze products but am holding off until Wyze gets this done. My fear is that if Wyze doesn’t do this, another competitor will fill the need and Wyze will eventually fail. Plus what if i lose my iphone, or forget it somewhere? I can’t be limited to the Apple environment. There is so much opportunity for Wyze here. Customers will pay money for this!

:+1: :rofl: :+1:

( speechless)

…on the plus side, they do constantly work to speed up BlueStacks, and the latest version runs incredibly smoothly on a ten year old first gen i5 laptop with Win10…

1 Like

Glad to hear this is maybe coming. My parents want to see cam views of their second home. But, they are not big phone users. It makes much more sense to pull up a webpage for them.

bluestacks android emulator works great for wyze on pc

This I think is the one thing missing from Wyze! A Web Interface I can get it to work with an android emulator running on my PC but a web interface would be the bee’s knees…

Yes it does but why should we have to have a work around to what should be a standard feature?

Because it’s not a feature. You didn’t pay for it. But it works for everyone. Why are you complaining? Learn to adapt.

I finally broke down and bought a large tablet just so I can continuously monitor my cams. Its not a 50 inch screen like I would prefer but it better than nothing, or so I thought. Guess what after about an hour it times out the selected cam group and goes the previous list screen that shows nothing but the names of all my cam groups.

I want to be able to look at my camera monitor and see what’s going without having to activate or tap anything. I want a continuous feed to the selected cameras I have on display with a time out. So using it as intended still does not allow me to get the continuous live stream I would have with a REAL CAMERA SYSTEM.

I am on the same wifi as my cameras. Its not on the tablets side. The screen is still on.

I have two tablets mounted to walls that both display 24/7, but in my case, I only display one of my Wyze cameras, not a group of them. For me it’s the one mounted outside overlooking my door and front yard. I only get occasional dropouts where i notice the screen went black. The average is maybe once every few days. Currently the tablet hasn’t needed to reopen the feed of that camera since Friday afternoon I think.

I use Tiny Cam Pro to view my wyze cam. They have never timed out on me.

I agree to disagree to just “adapt”. This is a know shortcoming of Wyze and they have known it is a major feature request by their customer community for a very long time yet they do nothing about it to resolve. You are either a complete security monitoring system or you are a niche proprietary system that fails to deliver on a basic expected capability for security systems. Not everyone has or wants a smartphone but they would like an inexpensive security camera system that works with their computer over a basic browser or native application feature.

TBH These are toys. If you really want a security system, go buy ring or something. Yugo owners wanting luxury.

They are diversifying. Their income does not rely on these cameras. They don’t stand to gain revenue. People buy them, reading the feature set, and then complain later that they don’t have some thing that was not offered when they bought it.

I would submit that the huge majority of people buying these cameras are happy using their phones, there is a small handful of you, that are making a big deal out of it. I mean, I would like it too, but my expectations do not drive the lion’s share of their business.

A small handful of us? Have you counted up the number of people complaining? Considering in any condition roughly 10% complain, multiply that number by 10 and that is a close estimate of the number of annoyed customers.

What makes me furious is that they keep stringing us along. If they are not going to offer it, just tell us.

As far as toys go, well these camears are not all that great but a ring is hardly any better (just more expensive)

1 Like

Rings are a lot better. They offer so many more features, the audio quality is better, the video quality is better. They are designed to be security cameras. But you are paying for it.

When I see are a lot of people voicing their opinion and leaving it at that, and then a handful of people keeping on and on and demonstratively complaining, some of which are even describing how they have convinced other people what a rotten company Wyze is.

As far as stringing you along, all they’ve told you as they are looking into it. They promised you nothing, they advertised nothing when you bought it, anything you get above and beyond what you agreed to purchase time is a bonus, nothing more.

There are a lot of things that they could do to improve the basic function of their products as they stand now, much less adding features. The app is buggy. And it is what I did pay for because I knew what I was getting. It doesn’t work well enough to satisfy me, and unfortunately stands as a marketing tool for them as it is. It should be a utility. If I want advertisements I will go look in my mailbox for the ones I didn’t ask for. I don’t expect them in the app.

I bought cameras because I wanted cameras to secure my place. I can’t think of anyone in their right mind who would buy cameras as toys.

I see you defending the lack of action of Wyze like you want things to stay broken. Not sure why you so badly want this service to remain lacking in usefulness. You dont have anything useful to offer,

At $25 a camera is hardly a deal. Most security systems are about $100 for 4 cams and a DVR box. The one thing this has on those is the ability to view it remotely without a ton of effort. All the DVR systems I have had require a static IP, This not something I can get from my isp without going business class. [Mod Edit]

Most people buy cameras because they want security. Not sure why anyone would buy this as a toy.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

I did initially. I knew $20 cameras weren’t going to be security devices.
I bought one to watch my dog while I was at work. I now have 8. I still don’t consider them security cameras, neither does my insurance company, but they are better than toys.

3 Likes

Your points are fair except there are currently 4,056 unique votes for this item, apart from the 1,760 posts that have some repeat contributors.

Great. Contrast that against how many people actually buy the product and you will have a statistic that supports my position.

Nope, that is changing the subject. Your statement (the one I quoted above), at least as I read it, was about the people posting on the forum (“voicing their opinion”) and how many really cared about this feature. It is the most requested feature here by FAR. If anything this speaks directly against your position.

You buy a camera for security. I am certain most would agree. You are defending the lack of service for what purpose other than to troll? What do you have to gain from keeping them from adding the most basic function to these cams?

$20 a cam is the going rate for most cams. Its not a deal, They are not losing money on these budget low quality Chinese made cams. Its made in china so there is no real cost here. The highest cost is the shipping, and they have that marked up as well. There is no reason to hold back the money is there.

For the same money this is considered a security cam system. There are hundreds of examples at this price point lower and higher. Some have drives some dont. The Wyze cam dont come with an sd card either.

https://www.amazon.com/ANNKE-Security-Weatherproof-Surveillance-Snapshots/dp/B00ZW63ESC/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=4+cam+dvr&qid=1606878140&sr=8-3