Simultaneous Streaming (Multi-camera viewing)

Live multi view; is this a extremely hard feature to implement ? ; is that why we are not seeing this updated?

@andrew_nyr, we’ll do our best to have it out this quarter! We tried a version in alpha but it wasn’t very stable so we had to push it back while we work on it. @maxspeedvette, I’m not a programmer so I don’t think I have the best answer to your question. But I do know that we’ve been working on it for quite a while and it’s still not stable enough for beta so it’s at least moderately difficult.

4 Likes

I had zmodo cams for a short time, they were able to implement it in a short time. However their recording ability is lacking and we’re not compatible with with tiny cam and that is the reason I chose to switch. The tiny cam app is what I use primarily. The playback feature has some issue as well here. However for the price I’ll stick with wyze. But live multi view is important. Thank for the work you are all doing for us. We look forward to Future updates.

In case you missed it, Wyze did a video Q&A session a while ago. The subject of this Roadmap topic was addressed in the video. Here’s a link to the video and an index of the content so you can jump directly to the part that addresses this Roadmap topic.

0:40 Outdoor Cam (Dongsheng)
2:15 Wyze Sense (Mike)
2:52 Beyond Security Products (Mike)
3:30 Become International Company (Yun)
4:25 Simultaneous Streaming (Tao)
5:05 Improvements to Playback (Bugs, Fast Forward) (Tao)
5:50 RTSP (Frederick)
7:10 Google Home/Assistant (Frederick)
7:40 Apple Homekit (Frederick)
8:35 Google Integration Demo (Frederick)

1 Like

Im not sure how hard this would be, but I think that it’s connected and relative to the topic.

An Apple TV app for streaming live feeds. perhaps it would allow for several split configurations 4,6,8. cameras etc.

-Logan

2 Likes

Here’s the Roadmap topic for Apple TV App in case you’d care to hop over and vote for it:

2 Likes

Hi, I would love to see a rolling effect on the app where the camers switch one by one and you can simply tap on the screen if you need to look further at a specific camere/live stream. A rolling effect would be better for those of us with multiple camers as we can leave our ipads or phones on live stream like a security camera system that you can control how long each camera is displayed. I own 8 now (5 V2 and 3 pan cams). So this would be an awesome feature. Thanks, Eddie O

It would be nice to be able to view more then one live feed as I have multiple cams mounted.

Download the beta app, it has the multi camera view feature now for you to try

1 Like

Thanks! Works great!!

Just updated my app today. I don’t see how to watch more than one camera at a time. And yes, I do have the beta version of the app :frowning:

Hello @jrc, check out this post I made yesterday.

Here goes the link to it

1 Like

I was about to type I had just figured it out. thanks!

3 Likes

For anyone just checking out this post, THE FEATURE IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE BETA SOFTWARE.

If you would like to join the beta program to gain access to the software please click on link below.

5 Likes

What app are you using??

The official Wyze app which can be found on the App Store or Google Play

MULTI CAMERA STREAMING IS CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE FOR BETA TESTERS.

TO SIGN UP FOR BETA LOOK AT MY LAST POST.:arrow_up_small:

1 Like

I think that @haskett2057 may have been asking about lpowilliams’ 3rd party app.

1 Like

I am on the beta and don’t see multi viewing

As a quick check, have you added your Wyze Cams to groups yet? That’s the first step.

2 Likes

This is where you find the setting. Click the three dots on top right hand corner of the app.

2 Likes