Ignore Motion Detection for events under X seconds

Please add the option to notify only after so many seconds of movement. This would help eliminate many if not all detection errors. No insect errors, tree leaf errors, shadow errors, etc. Person detection wouldn’t even be needed!

1 Like

This wishlist item is similar to what you are interested in.

This might be extremely helpful to this issue: Person Detection Update: A New Experiment for Premium Features - #98 by jls4wheeler

if Wyze implements this

1 Like

Yes thank you. The first comment was that it would be looked at after CES in January 2019. I think the person detection wouldn’t even be needed if this was done!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there are quite a few wishlist items that seem to be in limbo.

1 Like

I have discovered a solution for the mass event gathering, fleeting insect, blowing dust, moving particulate videos that absolutely clog our events page. This will 100% solve the problem of countless videos showing the blip of a bug or the flash of a piece of dust. I took the offending camera’s down and replaced them with a different brand. No more twelve second videos of one second bugs. They’re working perfectly.

1 Like

weird, I did the same thing, and have the same results. plus, it made my videos 4X higher resolution!

1 Like

Also, since all those false positives are being stored on the cloud, you’d think having this would greatly reduce their storage requirements, making storage cheaper for them.

3 Likes

I have cameras inside a condo in Florida that has mirrored walls. The cameras are continually catching and recording lightning flashes including heat lightning which frequent our skies. This is happening mostly at night while in Night Vision Mode. The pan cam even detects movement while focused on the chrome kitchen faucet which is reflecting light from somewhere. So, it would be nice to be able to have a timer to eliminate these as they are usually just flashes. Using pixels in a area would not help in this situation

This is a very good suggestion. You have my vote.
Its very frustrating to get a lot of motion alerts at night due to bugs and during the rains. At night a lot of bugs are attracted to the UV lights and are buzzing around my cameras. It would be great if we can eliminate those motion alerts.

1 Like

I agree, it would be helpful, because my v3 goes off every few minutes due to bugs, or possibly particles flying in the air. I like cam plus for people detection, but to go under events, there are hundreds for each day due to these less than 1 second of motion.

Huh, this is one of those no brainer improvements I felt sure they would have added by now.

That is the most welcome addition in years! Only wish it was announced to those of us Loyal Customers who already owned V2 cams, like in an email blast? hint hint…

Wait for when your person detection doesn’t get recognized. You’ll want all motion back.

Wait are you saying the feature exists now?

Because the Wishlist status still reads “maybe-later”.

Was making a reply about the post on the fact that detection zoning blocks have been added as the WCO has. Great improvement as bugs only swarmed around the i.r. light, so now, zone it out of the picture. And yes, I may have interjected my comment at the wrong point. I stand corrected.

1 Like

No problem, I think the misunderstanding was mine. Thanks.

For the v3 the bugs alerting it constantly even with sensitivity down hampers the use of it.
Have a Kasa near same location and it also has the setting to ignore motion less than so many seconds. Very useful.

2 Likes

I had the exact same problem. I turned off the IR lights and problem solved. I even get a better clearer picture at night with IR off.

did this ever go anywhere? I hate seeing a leaf set off my alarms… and since i just ordered the home monitoring stuff this could be an issue at night when i arm the alarms