Cameres showing offline

Here are the details to be a part of the Beta Program. This is for both Android App Betas as well as Firmware Betas.

All Beta App and Firmware release announcements, bug reporting, and tester discussion is done thru Topics created by Wyze in the #beta category of the forum.

It seems an improbable coincidence, but I think the Cam Imps have found me.

For the first time since upgrading to a Wyze Mesh Router Pro, I just experienced my first ā€œOffline, but not reallyā€.

I immediately forced a SD Card log and emailed it in.

:man_facepalming:

reallyā€¦so funny

Wish I could get that to work. I finally realized that the noise the camera made was the ā€œbingā€ - does not sound like a bing to me. But after removing the card, there has never been a new log fileā€¦

1 Like

Because I use 256GB cards, the ā€˜bingā€™ takes forever. And, because I donā€™t want to load that card externally (I read cards via Android OTG which adds extra OS folders to the card), I used a freshly formatted 32GB card that had no Wyze data on it whatsoever.

I found logs in two different directories although I suspect that the TUTK log is null given the size of the file:

I have let it go as much as 10 minutes. Finally realized that what sounds like more of a clunk must be the ā€œbingā€. Comes about 30 seconds or so (if I remember right) after plugging the 64GB card back in.

Mine is a definite double chime sound. 32GB card. The 256GB cards take much longer.

Thatā€™s the sound Iā€™m hearing, but at least on yours there was a tiny little tone at the end. All Iā€™ve ever heard is the click or clunk that is heard on your recording.
I will try again next time I have a camera ā€œofflineā€ that isnā€™t reallyā€¦

1 Like

The double chime at the end is the confirmation from the cam that the log was written. The only other sound from the cam was the card retainer clicking in when I pressed it down. All the other sounds were me moving in the background or the clock ticking seconds behind me.

its not a sub problem. i am sub to the cam plus and every morning my cam goes offline and i have no rules and no share

Torul, in your previous three posts, you indicated that your cams were turning ā€œoffā€ at 7am every morning.

This is completely different from the cam displaying ā€œOfflineā€ (cloud with a line thru it).

Please clarify if your issue is that the cams are being Powered Off, or they are showing as ā€œOfflineā€.

its off nothing record after 7am every day till i push the on in the app

Thank you. You have a different issue than that which is being discussed above. This thread is discussing cams that loose network connectivity while still powered on and show in the app as ā€œofflineā€.

What ā€œdual node full mesh built for iOT routerā€ did you upgrade to that resolved your Wyze cam connectivity issues? My Xfinity router with 2 Xfinity WiFi extender pods shows Wyze cams with either 2 or 3 bars Signal Strength, Thinking of ditching my router and upgrading to something like you have. Suggestions?

Ok mine just started doing this tonight. Rebooted the mesh network rebooted the camera. No change but I can click on the camera even with it saying offline and see live video but I cannot put it into privacy mode at all. This is getting annoying

Wyze responded that it is on their end.

Haha yeah me being the IT person I am. I go to delete the camera off the app so it says deleted but the camera still shows up. Now when I try to click on the camera it says error connecting which it should because I deleted the camera but itā€™s still showing up and when I try to re add the camera now it says connection failed during the setup process even after doing a hard reset on the camera. But here is the kicker Even after it says connection timed out on the setup. The device shows up connected to my eero mesh network which means it did connect but now the app and camera are saying they timed out and that it didnā€™t connect. So I guess Iā€™ll have to wait u til their systems come back up. And hopefully the deleted cam will fall off the app and account. And then Iā€™ll reset this camera one more time and try to set it up again with hopefully this time it fully finishing the process. Because now itā€™s just fubared lol