A cautionary tale for any IoT ecosystem (Wink subscription)

Wondering the same…the MyQ app allows me to open/close garage door from both inside and outside of my home’s network.

Do they offer something super cool above and beyond that I am unaware of?

and @xtremehumvee84:

Wink used to have MyQ integration. However it appears that it was just announced that this will be ending on June 1, 2020. Here’s the communication on this:

Dear Wink Community,

Effective June 1st, 2020, Chamberlain will be terminating its partnership with Wink. Newly proposed terms from Chamberlain would have required Wink to generate tens of thousands of new MyQ users each year as well as pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in annual licensing fees.

Wink would have liked to continue its partnership with Chamberlain, but we are unable to meet these demands. Chamberlain was unwilling to agree to more reasonable terms, and they will continue with the termination of all existing Wink + MyQ integrations. Please plan accordingly, as users will no longer be able to control MyQ devices from the Wink platform after June 1st.

We will continue to explore our options with Chamberlain. For questions about this decision and how it affects your MyQ products, we encourage you to contact their customer service at: Support

Wink Smart Home

Smartthings has compatibility with MyQ, at this time, with the use of some 3rd party device handlers.

1 Like

And that integration (Wink/MyQ) required a paid subscription to MyQ…is that correct???

¯\(ツ)

I have a Go-Control/Linear Z-Wave garage door controller. No API access required.

@holocron - you said: “When you build great hardware and sell it for a fixed price there are limited returns on that.” Would you please analyse what mental barth you just made.
Hey Tesla - learn - all Tesla needs to do is Wink the current owners for life?

¯\__(ツ)_/¯

TESLA: free supercharging > paid supercharging