Yellow Hue

Hi hi I am having this problem. Unfortunately @wyze is not taking ownership of the situation. I was supposed to get a response from their engineering team or a lead supervisor, but no dice.

How can I roll back the firmware? Is there a published resource I can try? I own 5 different cams and the yellow one is just so ugly. Can you maybe point me in the right direction?

Can you provide photos of this happening? Does this affect the camera at all times, or only under certain lighting conditions?

Yes there is a “manual firmware flash” process that is outlined here on a Support page:

Do you have a ticket number from support? How long ago was this?

1 Like

Hi there, I received a call from a supervisor.

The day before the call, my base station requested an update. This update made things somewhat better, the hue of the picture is not so yellow anymore.

We agreed to let it play out and reach out to the Wyze team if it happens again. I have been very busy, so I have not had the chance to tinker with the issue. I’ll try to do a screen recording this weekend if it happens again. I think it has to do with software. This is happening to one of my Wyze Outdoor Cams.

I just wish Wyze advisors would take better ownership of situations to find actual solutions.

They always point you to self-resources, which can be the right approach once you have understood the issue at hand.

I wish the engineering team would actually try to work on issues as they arise. This is the 5th time a WOC has been replaced for me, which anyone else will find unacceptable. I’ll keep you appraised. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

You can always take a screen shot of a past cloud event showing this phenomenon if there is a cloud clip from the last 14 days has it if you had that enabled. My initial thought is that it’s a combination of lighting conditions, sun angle, what the cameras looking at, the cameras white balance and exposure settings, etc. That’s why I asked if it happens in all lighting conditions or only in certain lighting conditions. Thanks for the update!

This cam is in the exact same position as the previous one. Measured and angled exactly the same. This location was set up over six months ago.

This is the 2nd time this particular cam has been replaced. I do not think it is any of those factors. I think I just got a dud, probably replaced with a return or the like. It is really annoying.

I am not a novice. In IT research for over 8 years. We’ll keep testing. Ty again.

Right after a V2 firmware update in January 2020.

Had one that did the same after a software upgrade. Was under warranty so Wyze sent out another camera.

Wyze isn’t a software company. Wyze is more of a novelty product company trying to improve the product at a lower cost. Based on the lack of product improvement on current products, they in are not focused on improving software 100%.

I have blue hue after recent Firmware update.

Thank you for your reply. Yep, just like your picture sample. Exactly the same annoying color effect.

Although I understand they are mostly a hardware focused company. Hardware &Software go hand in hand. They can not neglect it, it is part of doing business.

I kinda sorta like tinkering with the cams, it is just their customer support is like pulling teeth. Such a hit and miss to get the right help. Wyze needs to fix that first.

Update I am not sure to what level of Engineering Site Support my case was handed down, but the issue was satisfactorily resolved.

I first received a firmware update on the base station, then for two days the battery depleted overnight on the Wyze Outdoor cam with the problem. One morning the cam was recharged and voilà it has been working as expected since.

It took a couple calls to wyze wizards support, a stern request for an escalation to a Supervisor, bottomline we both wanted the cam to work. Never mind a replacement… that was too easy.

They figured it out and it is working!

Keep growing Wyze!

I am troubleshooting the yellow-tone issue. Are you saying that Wyze support depleted then recharged your Cam’s battery? Thanks.