Wyzecam Saving Continuous Recording Event?

Hi there. The thing is when this took place, I didn’t think about recording the event. It was just after it happened… i just remembered my wyzecam was on. It was not like okay im going to record this for 15 minutes.

I just took a look at the view playback and the video is about 15 minutes. The thing is the audio isn’t that clear etc. That is normal for wyzecam right since its not an expensive camera? So had i clicked on record… the audio/video would still be the same quality right? Like there is lot of muffling going on where you can’t hear the talking that well etc.

I notice in the events… it seems to go back 12 days. So on that night, there are like three short 12 second clips of what happened. So the events thing only goes back 12 days and it gets erased automatically right? But the 15 minute that i see from the view playback where i move it to when it starts and ends… i have the time period i want. So based on this, only option if i dont buy that adapter since i use an iphone is put the micro sd into my dell xps 15 9550 laptop right?

1 Like

And as of right now, i did turn off the continous recording so nothing will override it.

1 Like

Just a other sd card with the adapter maybe as a backup.

You should be able to put the card in your phone then you can put it on the cloud.

By getting it on the cloud then you maybe able get software to boost the audio.
Also use ear buds.

1 Like

Hi there. I cannot get another micro sd card now. Im actually out of the US at the moment and wont be there in a while so i cannot just order one off amazon.com now.

I posted on macforums on this and i was told the iphone SE does not have a micro sd port…

But if i get it on my dell xps 15 9550 laptop, i would be able to boost the audio? Again as of now, i have the continuous recording off because of this.

When you watched your 15-minute video you said you hit the record button, if you hit the record button again it ends your video recording and displays saved successful.

Now if you hit the album button you’ll see the recording that you just saved. You can play it back as many times as you want it’s stored on your iphone and won’t get overwritten. You can use the wyse app / album button or use the photo app on your iPhone.

While viewing the album there’s a button on the bottom call Share. You can click that to download your video to Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, Google photos or whatever cloud storage you have. From there you can view it from any device. So by now you’ll have it in two places on your iPhone and in the cloud.

If you bought your SD card separately it would have came with an thin adapter. You will put the micro SD card in that adapter. On the right hand side of the XPS 15 there’s a slot for the memory card, you would stick it in there and file explorer would recognize it. You might have to remove the dummy plug that’s in there to protect the slot from dust if there is one.

I have an XPS 15 but I never put it on the PC I just view it in the cloud or from my cell phone.

To get the video from your iPhone to the XPS just plug in the lightning cable from your iPhone to your XPS and use file explorer.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

read about playback

1 Like

get it save on your phone first and in the cloud.

Then talk about sound

Just software may help you

1 Like

Hi there. I think you are reading my sentence incorrectly. I meant say my camera was on at night from 11pm to 11:30pm and i did not know it was all. I thought i had it turned off. Then an incident occurred around like 11:05pm to 11:20pm. During that incident, I did not know my wyzecam was turned on at the time… i thought it was closed. Only a bit afterwards, i noticed i had it on. I then went to playback and went back to few days ago and scrolled to like 1105pm… then i watched it for like 15 minutes till the incident ended. I did NOT CLICK RECORD from 11:05pm to 1120pm. My wyzecam was just on because i had it turned on earlier and did not turn it off.

So i do not have the recording saved in my album…

My micro sd card is very old… this one is like minimum years old at the minimum. I just found it and put it in my wyzecam and it worked…

If can you view in in playback then hit record button at 11:04 to 11:22. Then it will stored on your phone. in the Wyze folder. Find it then you can share it and copy the file to a other folder on phone.

Then put the on the computer and in cloud then leave it on phone as backup.

He asked about saving to his computer or a file. Not to his phone. I did answer correctly. Thank you.

You should hit record while your doing a play back then it will get stored in your album. Then you could turn the wyze camera back on to record continuously it won’t overwrite your video because you saved it already in the album. The album is not stored on the SD card its stored on the iPhone. Once you have it on the iPhone you could move it to your XPS using the lightning cable.

1 Like

Hey there. Okay i just did that… played the video in playback starting from that time to when i want it to end. I clicked stop and then it said saved to album. But where is the wyze folder to find this file?

Yea i just want to have a copy of it whether on iphone or computer doesn’t matter. On iphone, i can obviously transfer it to laptop etc. I didnt care where i save it to… as long as i have it saved somewhere.

Now i want to know… since i have the video saved… can i send the video to someone via whatspp or wechat as it is now and they will see that entire 15 minute clip that i recorded? I want to send this clip to somebody.

try this first. open up the video and on the button is say share.

I learn something Kindle can look in to wyze folder and android phone can’t.

Try share it to your cloud cloud.

if can look inside go to camera folder then look in to manual folder

Also the video is on the kindle and not cellphone.

Okay. Went to photos in my iphone and when i click on it… it shows like the 15 minute time and then when i cllck on it, it plays the video. I want to send this video to someone on whatsapp and skype but how do i do this where i send it to specifically one person? I dont want mistake where it goes to everyone on whatsapp or skype etc. Well at least i know i have copy of the video now so i appreciate that as i wanted a copy of it.

make a fake account and send it to your self.
Sorry I don’t know apple but if it in your photo it should be in Icloud?
For android it will be in google drive cloud for me

Good to here you got a copy recorded :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure what’s up or WeChat will allow 15 minute video. Try it out see what happens

You have the video file stored on your IPhone. Go to the Photos app, select the video, click on the Share button (box with an up arrow). You can then message or email or save/share with other apps you have installed on your phone. If you are concerned about privacy but want to share I would suggest getting the email or texting number of your desired recipient and avoid sharing on any public platform.