Wyze Webview Beta Now Available! - 11/23/21

Follow up to what Omgitstony

Using Joe Public, Wyze Cam+ users in this instance, is the fastest way for applications to be written, tested and completed, far better solution to doing it behind closed doors with little or no end user interaction. Testers can also help to mould the final product, UI (User Interface) etc etc.

Usually the first time you see a new product is when it’s ‘finished’ and launches, at which point they often crash and burn as the developers (behind closed doors) have completely missed what the end user wanted.

The perceived downside to public testing is we all think the company has gone mad because something works, then it doesn’t, then it’s gone. Now it’s crashing, slow blah blah. Forgetting it is a TEST phase and will likely not look or perform anything like it does at present.

Then, in our case, Wyze has to scale up resources to cope with the ‘projected’ usage numbers. Then they can see what that looks like $$ cost wise. Keeping the numbers of testers to a known amount, Cam+ users, make’s the maths much easier all around.

Best we can do to speed up the process is to keep testing it ‘as is’ and reporting or responding to queries from Wyze as we come across things.

I’ve been on ‘the other side of the curtain’ and this is just my 2 cents worth - so don’t jump all over me

Only slightly relevant, but one of my favourite explanation images https://www.pmac-agpc.ca/project-management-tree-swing-story

Hope everyone is safe and well, as best can be in these times, and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays

2 Likes

Good post - I’m guilty of doing that.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I will keep a watchful eye.

Doesn’t work. Every camera says I need cam plus. I have cam plus on 3 out of five cameras; a mix of v2 and v3 cams all with update firmware.

Why isn’t my Webview working? All three of my outside cameras are licensed with Cam Plus. I go to the link you provide; https://view.wyze.come/live, click on connecting all three cameras, and nothing happens.

I use Live stream - Wyze, whch redirects to WYZE. There must be so0me non-printable character in your link

Welcome to the forums!

What type of cameras are your outside cameras? Are they V2, V3 or the Wyze Cam Outdoor? What browser are you using to see the webview?

1 Like

Wyze Cam Outdoor. Chrome

The WCO is currently not supported on the webview. If you were to click the “learn more” button this would show up:

And it’s been conversed about higher up in this thread. Here is a Gwen comment about it.

1 Like

The link takes me to the sign in page. I sign in and it takes me to the Wyze Web View page. It shows the 3 cameras, but not a picture, just the words “Live stream is not supported on this camera.” The screens for each camera also show that they are hooked up to Cam Plus.

I then click on the 4 dots on the upper left side of the screen, click Got It, click Show all Cameras, click View Live Streams…nothing happens

Got it. Thanks

Things look like they are improving ‘behind the scenes’ as I can get all my live cameras, 5, to show live feed without issue and quite quickly

They were all, for the first tiem, showing the time increment correctly on each camera but that has now sropped to just one, but still progress

Glad to hear things are going well for you. I found out that my problem is because the battery powered outdoor cameras aren’t included in the Web View program (yet?)

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it’s very high on the list, but not off the list? Gonna have to keep an eye on the thread here for updates on the beta process. Are you able to get and use V3s? Or is the battery power a dealbreaker?

1 Like

Battery power is a must. I’ll just be patient and hope they’ll be included in the future. Thanks.

2 Likes

Wyze Cam V2. Shows the correct camera, Live but a black screen. I’m on the trial of Plus.

Welcome to the forums! What firmware version is on the camera? Does live view for that camera work through the app?

For some reason I was unable to edit my comment. It’s actually a V3 and it did eventually connect. I can get it to display on an Echo Show but have not figured out how to get it to display on a FireTV 4K Max stick.

I think the problem has been explained to me. The Web View is not available for battery powered, Outdoor cameras yet, even though I have Cam Plus for all three. Yes, all three of my cameras show a live view thru the app, just not all three at the same time on my laptop or app. Hopefully, Wyze will include my cameras in the future.

Odd, i can get mine to show on my FS 4K Max by saying the same thing I do on my Echo Show 8 - ‘Alexa show me (name of camera)