Wyze Vacuum Spot Cleaning

I have a screen shot in my post. I don’t have the spot cleaning. That is what I am saying.

Hello,

I assume you are referring to the Beta version of the software. If I am correct, then how do you know you are still using the beta version?

Besides it getting updated outside of the App Store?

Which firmware version is loaded on your vacuum?

You can go here to see what the latest prod Firmware versions are for the devices you have. if you have something earlier, you should upgrade. If you have something newer, then you are potentially on a Beta Release.

No update to firmware available.

Ha! An even older one than available. Guess that’s a whole different issue.

The spot cleaning functionality was added to beta firmware version 1.6.173. No matter which app version you are running, you won’t see spot cleaning unless running beta firmware version 1.6.173 or higher.

1 Like

I apparently have an older version even older than stable release. How do I force an update when the app says nothing available.

1 Like

You are running current production firmware. Later production (and beta) firmware versions are slowly being pushed out over time.

See notes for production firmware versions 1.6.199 (March 22, 2022) and 1.6.202 (March 22, 2022) on the Release Notes & Firmware page.

Also in the public announcement:

1 Like

Then assuming the new builds are betas?

No, they are beta and also limited production. Very limited.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Turning off these notifications. It doesn’t look like this feature will ever come out of beta. Ridiculous amount of time waiting. I must have gotten hundreds of notifications that are just people wanting the feature.

2 Likes

Have these two features never been added ?

These are definitely some feature that a lot of other brands robot vacuums have .

Yikes , let’s hope wyze listen to their customers

1 Like

I have 2 Wyze robot vacuums. One is at 1.6.113 (no spot clean) and the other is at 1.6.173 (has spot clean from March 2022). Seems odd that they would be on different releases

If you want spot-cleaning on the other one, then just updated the firmware on it to a newer firmware version (1.6.173 or later if there are later firmware versions then this with the spotclean feature).

How? when I go to “firmware” in settings is says “Everything is good, you’re up to date”

1 Like

Is there any way to force it to upgrade?

Otistwo,

First make sure you tried to update the Wyze robot vac with the older firmware within its settings (click the device in the Wyze app, then click the settings icon in the top right corner, then click firmware, then you should see the option to update the firmware. Let me know if that works.

Zeb Jr.