Wyze Vacuum Spot Cleaning

How? when I go to “firmware” in settings is says “Everything is good, you’re up to date”

1 Like

Is there any way to force it to upgrade?

Otistwo,

First make sure you tried to update the Wyze robot vac with the older firmware within its settings (click the device in the Wyze app, then click the settings icon in the top right corner, then click firmware, then you should see the option to update the firmware. Let me know if that works.

Zeb Jr.

yes - did that and it does not work. Also did a full reset and reinstall, same thing

I did not see Beta firmware version 1.6.173 in the firmware release notes. Is this because it is only being released to beta testers (including volunteer beta testers)?

Please clarify your response here; you said “No”, then said “they are beta…”. Also, what do you mean by they are “limited production?”

Correct. Release notes list only production app and firmware versions.

It was a reply meaning exactly what I stated. It was available to two separate groups… all beta testers running 1.6.113 and also a very limited number of production (non-beta) users running 1.6.113.

Beta announcement: Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware Beta Test 3/1/2022

Limited production announcement: Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware 1.6.199 and 1.6.202 Gradually Released! - 3/22/22

1 Like

Seapup - I am a Beta user with 2 vacuums. One vac took the upgrade from 1.6.113 to 1.6.173. The other vac at 1.6.113 does not show the upgrade as available. Is it possible that because I have 2 vacuums on my account that it is only allowing one of them on the beta program?

There is no current beta upgrade path. The last version 1.6.173 was paused:

3 Likes

So Seapup, are you saying that both firmware updates 1.6.199 and 1.6.202 are beta firmware versions for testing (It sounds like this is what the 03/01/22 Beta announcement article is saying)?

Spamoni4, do you know if a beta firmware version for the Wyze Cam v.3 has come out this year?

You might have to contact Wyze Support then.

If I remember correctly there have been a few Beta V3 Releases.

I am currently running 4.36.10.2864 which is the current Prod Release of the FW.

Is there something you are looking for?

1.6.306 appears to include this feature now finally; however, there is no means to upgrade to it. I bought a second unit a few days ago on sale at Walmart, and that one has the firmware and can use spot cleaning (it lets you draw a rectangle like a no go zone to send it to a specific place on demand which works fine), but as implied by the release notes page (which states only new Walmart sold units have it) they for some reason have no upgrade to this firmware for existing units… Which doesn’t bode well.

Would be nice to have an official response here regarding the why and when’s since this has been addressed in a such a limited way that concerns me they can’t update existing units anymore without bricking them.

3 Likes

It’s sad, scary and a bit of a faff that .306 is out and for sale yet plenty of us are stuck at .113 with no options to update.

2 Likes

I just don’t understand why Wyze treats its oldest and most loyal customers like [Mod Edit] this

[Mod Edit] Violation: Post Edited and Personal Information Removed

Please refer to the Community Guidelines

I have 2 vacuums as well. One is at .113, the other is at .173. I contacted Wyze and they appeared puzzled why the unit at .113 would not upgrade. They twice sent me new replacement vacuums and both remained at .113. I am now wondering if the beta program does not allow more than 1 vacuum to receive upgrades. Thinking of creating a new independent account to see if it would take the upgrade?

1 Like

I’m on 1.6.130 and can’t update to the newest firmware. I didn’t even know this function existed until my co-worker whom I recommended buy one told me about it, and I compared firmware versions.

If I remove my vac from beta, will newer firmware be available for download?

You can go here, Release Notes & Firmware – Wyze, and see what versions of the FW was released and from which version they will be allowed from.

Since you are on .130, there is no update at this time. Wyze is working, diligently, on the Firmware updates to ease everyone up to a similar version without bricking the Vacuums.

Here is what is said in the release area:

Basically those on .113 will be upgraded to .202. Those of us on other versions are still in a holding pattern.

1 Like