Wyze Robot Vacuum integration with Alexa

A future enhancement to the Robot enabling Alexa Commands would be nice:
Alexa “Tell Robot to clean the den”.

Mod Edit: This has now been officially launched
https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-robot-vacuum-now-works-with-alexa/215877

You got my vote. Alexa integration with the vacuum is a great idea.

12 Likes

Be nice if the vacuum could trigger an event for Alexa to announce “Help, I’m stuck!”

20 Likes

Mainly I’d like to be able to control the vacuum through Alexa:
“Alexa, clean living room”
“Alexa stop cleaning”
This sort of thing is available from Roomba (though that’s probably the only area where Roomba is better)

15 Likes

I would love to see Alexa added to the vaccum. I think it could be a real game changer. Would be nice to finish a meal and just ask Alexa to have the wyze vac clean the dinning room floor. Or attach it to Alexa routines so that when I leave it automatically vaccums.

16 Likes

I’d also like to see Alexa integration but if you weren’t aware you can schedule cleanings in the app which is nice. A voice command to “Alexa, vacuum the house” would be awesome!

6 Likes

I’m aware, but family life isn’t always on schedule, know what I mean

4 Likes

Yep, same here. Would like an Alexa voice command compatibility.

7 Likes

It would be great to have Alexa compatibility with room mapping. Instead of opening the app to select which rooms to sweep, I would love to tell Alexa (google, or siri) to vacuum the master bedroom.

9 Likes

Need to be able to have alexa clean specific rooms, the whole house, or go back to charge. I need to be able to trigger cleanings based on building occupants, and Alexa integration will allow me to do this.

7 Likes

Agreed. Would be very beneficial and a major selling point to have Alexa integration. Additionally it would help others in the household be able to use the robot vac to clean specific areas without giving access to the app (not all members of my house have smart phones or devices). My smart house is controlled by Alexa so this would make it a no brainer for me to want to use.

8 Likes

This has to be in the works already! I love being able to click on a room on the map and tell the robot (Tom Servo in our house) to clean it, but know this team MUST be working on Alexa integration. I’ll beta test it!

5 Likes

All very good ideas above. My vac is called “dog”. I’d love to be able to tell “Alexa let the dog out” or “Alexa walk the dog”. :wink:

5 Likes

Agreed, Alexa integration is needed!

3 Likes

This is crucial for me: the whole point of a mapping vacuum for me is to be able to tell it to clean a specific room quickly. Voice commands work surprisingly well when you have a little kids around vying for your attention.

3 Likes

This is a standard feature on most robot vacuums. My roomba i9 has this and I can say Hobson vacuum the kitchen, family room and foyer.

4 Likes

PC Mag thought so in Nov
" Wyze plans to introduce Alexa compatibility in the first half of 2021, as well as spot cleaning, which will let you send your robot vacuum to a specific spot in the house."

5 Likes

And Geekwire - so lets see …
The power and noise level of the vacuum can be controlled through three suction settings. And voice compatibility with Amazon’s Alexa is planned for 2021.

1 Like

When will this be released? We are almost through the first third of the year. I bought mine based on the promise of Alexa integration. I could have went with another model with that feature already. I don’t walk around my house with my phone and would like voice commands.

4 Likes

Strong vote in favor! Very surprised this functionality doesn’t already exist. Just pre-ordered the new cordless vacuum but holding off on the robot until this update is made. Begrudgingly sticking with my Deebot N79S until then…

2 Likes