Wyze V3 static and siren problems

This is clearly an issue on their part. Wi-FI has nothing to do with it. They need to come up with an update to filter out the static sound. It is useless as it is right now.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had the same issue with my V2ā€™s. They worked great at the beginning but static during playback.

Now I have a new V3 and itā€™s horribly staticy just watching the live stream. SO upsetting :frowning:

What I have foundā€¦

V3 Sound HAS STATIC in the android app on phone.

V3 Sound HAS STATIC on sideloaded FireTab 10.

V3 WORKS GREAT on the same android devices when leveraged by ALEXA!

V3 WORKS GREAT on a firetv 4k!

V3 Conclusionā€¦ Not a hardware issue as it works on other platforms!!!

V2 WORKS GREAT in the android app on the phone,

V2 HAS STATIC on the sideloaded FireTab 10

V2 CANNOT BE ACCESSED using alexa prompt on phone or FireTab 10, Alexa states ā€œYour alexa enabled device doesnā€™t currently support that!ā€

V2 WORKS GREAT on firetv 4k.

V2 Conclusionā€¦ Not a hardware issue as it works on other platforms!!!

PAN WORKS GREAT on the android phone app.

PAN WORKS GREAT on the sideloaded FireTab 10.

PAN CANNOT BE ACCESSED using alexa prompt on phone or FireTab 10, Alexa states ā€œYour alexa enabled device doesnā€™t currently support that!ā€

PAN WORKS GREAT on firetv 4k.

PAN Conclusionā€¦ Not a hardware issue as it works on other platforms!!!

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8 running android 9.

FireTab 10 7th gen is running Fire OS 5.6.8.0.

My findings lead me to believe there could be an audio codec, audio remux or audio transcode issue/difference between the platforms.

I DO NOT believe it to be hardware as they all work as they should on the FireTV 4k running Fire OS 6.2.7.7

Hope this helps and doesnā€™t fall on deaf ears.

I will try on my FireTVā€¦ I get tons of static on my Iphone with the V3ā€™s But not the outdoor or V2ā€™s

How do I access my cameras on FireTV?

Hold the talk button and say "Show me the (name of camera here).

Donā€™t I have to give it access first?

Oooo yeah its a skill in alexa or in the wyze app under settings/smart integrations

V2
No static sound on three iPhones, two iPads, firestick (non 4K)

Pan (x2)
No static sound on three iPhones, two iPads, firestick (non 4K)

V3 (x2)
Static sound on three iPhone, two iPads, firestick (non 4K)

Not saying this is or isnā€™t a hardware problem but on both my current V3ā€™s you can hold the camera up to your ear and hear the noise. So if I can hear it. Iā€™m sure the mic can too.

Either way Wyze needs to fix this and as of yet I donā€™t think theyā€™ve even acknowledged itā€™s a problem.

Iā€™ve returned two cameras and had another one replaced. So all four in total have had this problem.

Cameras are all up to date on firmware.

iOS and firestick all up to date too.

1 Like

This 100% has to be a hardware problem. The one I had replaced had the exact same issue. As soon as you plug it in you can hold it up to your ear and hear a loud noise coming from the speaker. I own 4 ver2 cams and they donā€™t have this issue. I donā€™t think this can be fixed with a firmware update.

I tried it on my firestickā€¦no static at all on any camera

Had Alexa live stream my V3 cam on my fire tablet 10 and it it still has static. My V2 through Alexa did not have static noise on live steam. Like Iā€™ve mentioned before Iā€™m pretty sure the mic is picking up the static from the speaker on the back of the cam. Actually I can hear the static noise on speaker on the back of the the V3 and V2 Cams. Its just louder on playback for the V3 cams. Seems like the mic for the V3 cams is either more sensitive or the setting is too high. Unfortunately users canā€™t adjust the mic volume to see if the static noise will go away. The speaker can only be on or off. If an update can lower the sensitivity of the mic that might help. Wyze has stop communicating with me regarding my ticket so I guess Iā€™ll have to submit another ticket. Wyze Techs if you guys are reading these forums please check the setting of the V3 cams too see if the mic sensitivity is set too high and see if it can be lowered.

Very interesting! Got the my V3 cam to show on my fire tv and no static! There is a delay but NO STATIC! Guess there is hope. It just doesnā€™t work on IPhones.

I was just listening to my V3 cams on my Iphone app through Bluetooth headphones. No static! When I turn off the headphones and listen through the phone speaker there is static. So, no static when listening on headphones but static when listening with phone speaker. Also no static on Firetv. So must be something to do with the appā€¦

Tried this just now with Airpods and same static was still there.

This has nothing to do with the app, itā€™s definitely a hardware issues thatā€™s why they havenā€™t come out and said anything to us. From reading all these posts itā€™s not just a couple of cams having this issue itā€™s a lot!

I agree. I was on chat support and submitted a log ticket along with a sample video clip w loud static. Havenā€™t heard back. Iā€™m sure they are realizing they have a major problem at hand. I can hear the static/buzz sound coming from back of the Wyze V3 camera.

Static here too. 2 Version 2 cameras, One on same network as my new V3 & one in a different location, different network.
The V3 is awful. Picture is great but the static noise is unbearable.
The v2 picture is still just fine and absolutely no static, you could hear a pin drop.
So much for being an early adopter.
This is problematic.
Please help WYZE!

Hi everyone, this is Chao from Wyze. I am the v3 PM. Sorry for not being able to respond earlier. We are aware of the static background noise on v3 and investigating. We found out that the live stream is better on Android phone but worse on iOS phone. So I want to ask you if possible please try on Android phone to confirm this point.

Meanwhile, we are looking into the iOS app to see how to improve it. It seems to related to iOS player configuration if that is much worse on the iOS.

Sorry for the troubles but we are on it!

3 Likes

Hello Chao-
That was extraordinary that you replied on this board. I am sure that you are extremely busy, but by reaching out to the public I think it shows you genuinely care.
I do have to say that indeed the problems are noticeable on the iOS devices, but they are also present on the Amazon devices as well, echo show & fire stick. So itā€™s not simply isolated to iOS devices.
I honestly think that there should/could be some type of fair compensation for those who did buy the V3 right as soon as it was released.
These are your most loyal customers, the ones who were already Cam+ subscribers and committed to ordering the new Version 3 sight unseen. The devices were discounted to some extent for us, but we kept our Cam+ and that is an area you should be compensating to make up for this.
Itā€™s not satisfactory and a good will gesture of some Months of Cam+ membership, would be wonderful $ make up for this time while the product experience is sub par.
Thanks!! Looking forward to soon when I can have my volume turned on and no static.
:slight_smile: Rob

1 Like