Wyze V3 camera keeps going back to main menu, grrr!

All I want to use my Wyze V3 camera for is live monitoring of another room in the house, the standard ‘baby cam’. I have a printer on another floor and I want to be able to monitor it without going up and down the stairs every 10 minutes. I have the software loaded on an Android tablet and so I can start it up and it works great. Theres a little ‘live window’ I can glance at anytime.
But, no! Wyze won’t let you do that apparently. After about 10 minutes of live stream, it annoyingly bumps back to the main menu, every time.
Why does it do this, and how can you turn this off?
I just have the simplest of needs, not even recording I just want live stream but it refuses to cooperate.

Welcome to the Wyze community sruthj217. :+1: In order for the forum community to assist you better, please provide the following:

• Phone/tablet type and OS version on phone/tablet
  • Wyze app version (instructions here)
  • Firmware version installed on Wyze device (Wyze app Home > your cam’s live stream > Settings (gear icon top-right) > Device Info > Firmware Version)

This is needed because “latest” and “up to date” are subjective to when a post is added to the forum. It is also important to distinguish whether an issue is actually with a beta version, as opposed to a public release.

Never seen that on my Android (been watching one of my cameras for the past 30 minutes). On my &^%$#@ iPhone, the damn thing screen locks in 5 minutes, so it does not matter what the app is doing, the screen goes away anyway.

I get it sometimes on some Android phones when Wyze app Home > Account > App Settings > Enable Hardware Decoder is toggled OFF.

And also get it on some Android tablets when Enable Hardware Decoder is toggled ON.

1 Like

Change it to never lock. :rofl:

Don’t have that option. It’s a work forced on me phone that is massively locked down. We can’t set it to more than 5 minutes, and NOTHING other than swiping on screen will reset the timeout. So watching a video, times out and locks in 5 minutes.
One advantage of retiring next year is to be able to give it back.

I get it sometimes on some Android phones when Wyze app Home > Account > App Settings > Enable Hardware Decoder is toggled OFF.>>>

you, sir… are a genius :point_right: :medal_sports:

Well, so far. We will see!

2 Likes

Hopefully it works for you. :crossed_fingers: I stream on a mess of phones and tablets 24/7 and only need to restart when I apply an app or firmware update.

2 Likes