Wyze troubling new "Buy Now" offer for Sensor 2

I couldn’t agree with you more…

I’ve been a customer here since the very beginning a couple of my cameras are V1s!..

The way WYZE handled the V1 sensor issue was horrible, If not criminal… But I have a feeling if they were to replace all the failed V1 sensors it would bankrupt the company…

I started with 22 contact sensors and six motion detectors around my house… on doors windows, and in various parts of the house… I use them to automate lighting, and other routines through Alexa.
I.E. some examples - A contact sensor on the mailbox that triggers the light on my office desk, and triggers Alexa to announce “you’ve got mail!” on all Alexa smart speakers. A contact sensor on the garage door that lets me know the door has been opened, closed, or has been left open… A sensor on the basement door triggers the lights in the basement to come on… and when the door is closed, the lights go off… same in the bathroom, lights come on when you enter the bathroom, 5 minutes after leaving, they go off… It’s like living on the bridge of the starship enterprise… I hate having to talk to Alexa. … especially when I have company… You just feel like an idiot… I like things to be automated whenever possible.

But after about 10 to 11 months, as I needed to replace batteries , I noticed the sensors would start to randomly die… I would change the battery after finding it dead, (No warning that the battery was low), and it would never come back… or, I would realize the battery was low, and try to replace it proactively, and the sensor would still “brick” I have a pile of seven contact sensors and three motion detectors that are “bricked”…
This didn’t happen on all of them… only about a third of them… so far…
(I’ve also discovered three other contact sensors on Windows that I’ve never opened, so I’ve never used them,… I decided to check them, and discovered they were dead, unresponsive… and when I tried to replace the battery, they were “bricked” …very disappointing),

I was told, because they were over a year old, they were out of warranty and would not be replaced. :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

If If a company sells a product that fails at this rate, due to no fault from the consumer, it should be replaced. Full stop.

Now they have come out with a version 2, but they will only sell it if you pay them every month for home monitoring …

The reason I went with a company that sold $20 and $30 cameras, and touted the fact that no subscription fees were needed for them to be functional… is because I’m on a budget, and I’m trying to keep my monthly expenses to a bare minimum… and this doesn’t qualify anymore… (If I wanted to overpay for hardware and pay through the nose every month to keep them working properly, I’d buy Ring products) :sweat_smile:

This company has changed dramatically since I first came on board, and I don’t really care that they’re selling a million different products… I own most of them, and like most of them. …but the V1 sensor issue is a complete debacle, and the fact that you still can’t buy sensors to replace broken ones without paying a monthly fee is borderline “bait and switch” criminal behavior…

Now, I know I will be attacked mercilessly with sarcastic and dismissive comments, for complaining… But that’s cool I’ve got very broad shoulders, and a back like ducks feathers …the sh!t rolls right off. :wink: And from a moral, ethical perspective, I know I’m correct…

I hope someday the day comes where I can replace the failed contact sensors I purchased, with something that will work reliably… but I have a feeling it’s not going to be from this company…

I have purchased a couple water leak detectors, and a few smart power strips, that have four or five outlets that are controllable with Alexa, and that work well with Alexa routines… They are “smartlife” compatible…
I’m looking into #smartlife compatible contact sensors and motion sensors as well… They are a little more expensive, but so far they seem to work really well, and don’t turn into "bricks"when the batteries go dead… :wink::sunglasses:

1 Like

I honestly don’t care if the sensor has a design flaw that makes them a one shot deal. I just want them to come out, be honest, own it and continue to sell replacements to those who still want them and just be transparent. These wonderful toys have a life that lasts as long as it battery. Done.

We’re all big boys and girls. I also still use mine and they are very handy. Admittedly, I can go back to turning the light on and off. Not a biggie.

The perma-out of stock is an insult I have to see every time I go to the store. I willing to pay the few dollars for the cheap sensor knowing it’s a single use and by the way they wouldn’t be the first company to have disposable items on the menu.

Just sayin

Why doesn’t Wyze just use some know standard and let uses buy generic. Their profit is in customers signing up for monitoring. Profit from sensors has to be miniscule…

Get BlueMail for Android

The V1 sensors have been completely discontinued…
they’re not just out of stock…

they’re never coming back…

And I don’t think they are interested in disposable sensors, especially in this environmental climate… that’s just not going to be very popular… It’s bad enough a battery has to be recycled every year or so,
Disposing of entire component is ridiculously and needlessly wasteful…

1 Like

I hadn’t heard they’ve been completely discontinued but I haven’t actively followed things on here. That’s just all the more reason there’s no point in them still being listed on the store.

1 Like

I guess - when I think about it - I could live with the V1 sensors dying after a year and replace them. Its not that big a deal. Well not that big a deal if I know its going to happen.

So, why am I willing to put up with this? Location, location, location. Oops, that’s about Real Estate. Size, size, size. I really like the so small size of the Wyze sensors. THAT’s what drew me to the Wyze sensors in the first place with their so cheap price, They are great everywhere. The bonus was they were coupled to the Wyze cameras when the camera didn’t do triggers.

Bottom line? I would buy more Wyze V1s when they resurrect them and make them available. I can replace them as they die. I don’t want 10 years worth in storage, because the battery is going to die anyway.

Gee, they are generally the size of a quarter/.25 cent piece. I don’t think we will see mountains of them landfills. Bring on the throw-away V1 sensor policy…

No you probably won’t see them cuz they’re so small but they’ll destroy your water just the same… :wink::sunglasses: