Wyze Support link/page is down?

Seems wyze support page is down? Anyone else getting this error?

1 Like

Yep

Any way of letting the good people at Wyze know about this?

Thanks

Yes, same issue, Frustrating.

Error 1000

Ray ID: 5f6b65e4793e3800 • 2020-11-23 13:57:13 UTC

DNS points to prohibited IP

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (support.wyzecam.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for support.wyzecam.com to resolve to a different IP address.

1 Like

Yeah, same issue here. And it happens the one time I need to contact Support.

Kind of strange they don’t have an email or number to call, or do they?

I tried calling and their phones are down too. 1 (844) 999-3226 It looks like they use IP phones and it’s tied in to the support system. No backup system. Not good in the event of a DR.

1 Like

Well thanks for trying, I guess I’ll try contacting them later on today and hopefully have more luck.

Cheers all

It looks like the site is working now. At least the main one…still have to try digging deeper.

Welcome to the Wyze community @Drrakken!

The link was down and should be working now. Wyze is aware of the issue.

Wyze is aware of the issue and they’re working on it!
https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Firmware update shows all devices up to date, But one of them shows an old firmware version. When I select ‘what’s new’ I get the following error:
How do I update the firmware on this camera

V2 Camera
Latest version: 4.9.6.199
current version; 4.9.6.199

The other camera show: 4.9.6.218
Error 1000

Ray ID: 5f6b4c0e18d530aa •2020-11-23 13:39:34 UTC

DNS points to prohibited IP

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website (support.wyzecam.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Unfortunately, it is resolving to an IP address that is creating a conflict within Cloudflare’s system.

What can I do?

If you are the owner of this website:
you should login to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for support.wyzecam.com to resolve to a different IP address.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 5f6b4c0e18d530aa
Your IP: 162.158.75.204Performance & security by Cloudflare

Welcome back @fstover!

Wyze is aware of the issue! The link should be working now.
https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I noticed. I still can’t update the firmware.

On your camera? You should be able to do that within the Wyze app. Go to the camera, then settings, then device information, then firmware. You should be able to update it there.

I would not recommend updating the firmware unttil Wyze resolves issues with the detection. I updated mine and now none of my cameras are detecting motion. they do detect random movement that is not even in the detection zone. I had to turn the detection sensitivity to 100% too. The latest updates need to be tested and make sure it works before you update.

That’s the problem. Three cameras are current. The fourth says it’s up to date but isn’t. I’ve reset it. No luck. I deleted and re added and it still says it’s up to date but shows ,199 not .218

Maybe they are halting the upgrade since it has detection issues. I just rolled back all my cameras to the .199 version and they are now working. I would not upgrade to the .218 version until they fix it.

Vote on this idea too if you can. It would make updates and rollbacks a whole lot easier for us. I actually have to climb ladders and remove the cameras from third party cases to roll back software and it’s a pain.
https://forums.wyze.com/t/firmware-update-and-rollback-selection-option/144007?u=jmkdev

Looks like Support Site Is down again. This has been reported.

support.wyzecam.com ### Host Error
-or-
Error 1000 Ray ID: 5f75df3aab42eb89 • 2020-11-24 20:27:40 UTC ## DNS points to prohibited IP

1 Like