Wyze Sense sensors now live on Alexa

Thank you for the reply and trying it for me. Camera and Bridge firmware are up to date. I’ve tried it with both contact and motion sensor, both show their status in Alexa app (open, closed, motion, no motion), but both give the same error when trying to add to a Routine.

I would love more suggestions here, but I will look into the support line also. Thank you.

Someone else may have an idea. Only things I can think of are maybe force closing the Alexa and Wyze apps and then restarting your phone.

Or the good old nuclear option. Force close the apps unplug all cameras restart your router then your phone then plug your cameras back in.

I see that some documentation that says, “The Wyze skill is compatible with the Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV, and more.” Of course those devices all have screens, which would be necessary for Wyze cameras, but are they necessary for Sense support? I don’t have those devices, I am using a new iPhone with the Alexa App, and an Echo Dot3.

For cameras you are correct you need a screen. But for using the sensors in a routine you should not need one of those devices. But I honestly can’t say for sure as I have 2 Echo Shows and a Spot and FireTV’s. We would need to find someone that also does not have any Echo devices with screens to be sure.

Update: I tried over the course of about an hour, now I just came back to it 12 hours later (nothing changed) and it’s working! Strange.

My routine is now letting me know when the front screen door opens. Asking Alexa if the front door is open (or closed) doesn’t give any response, which I thought was possible, but less important than the Routine which is now working.

I am glad to hear the routines are functional now for you. My own Alexa has not been able to tell me the status of Ring or Wyze contact sensors for a few days. In fact she does not say anything when asked. This leads me to believe there is a back end issue they are working on.

1 Like

Have you submitted a ticket related to the sensor status not working with Alexa any more?

Hey sorry was traveling yesterday for most of the day. No I have not submitted a ticket with Wyze as the problem affects both my Ring and Wyze contact and motion sensors. So I believe it’s an Alexa issue not specific to Wyze.

I submitted a ticket yesterday and was told to disable, enable and discover - which I had done already with no change. Mentioned this thread and have not heard back yet

I use both Ring and Wyze contact sensors and motion sensors in various Alexa routines and IFTTT routines. Those are all working just fine. The only thing I can’t do that I could do a few days ago is use voice to query their status.

I use Alexa Dots, and she is a fickle mistress at best. Routines that work beautifully one day simply cease to function, then randomly return. Can’t speak to video since I’m just using the Echo Dots. She does seem to be more consistent with other IOT products than with Wyze, but I can’t really say that for sure.
I’ve tried unlinking, relinking, force closing etc.

1 Like

I think Amazon practices a wild and woolly development process compared to most tech companies. Not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself but it can be quite a ride for folks that are not often exposed to cutting edge software methodology.

As you so rightly observed stuff works, until it doesn’t, then works again. Features appear and disappear Willy nilly and with little or no documentation. But it is kind of fun to participate.

I just keep hoping my lasers show up someday.

May I suggest a mount for them…image

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Seems to be working again today

Alexa Wyze routines not working pretty smooth. Delays in response and sometimes with no answer.
Im trying with IFTTT, but Motion Sensor have default one minute time period to clear status. Then, I dont move for a minute as have happened, lights turn off because of this in my integration.

This is awesome! But too bad none of my sensors will stay connected long enough to actually use this feature :expressionless: no matter how many times I reset, sync, or move them from one camera to another, a few days later they are disconnected and not working. Eh, the one product from Wyze so far that has just plain not worked for me.

Arrgh! I spent a year or more replicating Say rules by hand to cover multiple Echoes. Why is Alexa such a jumbled app?! Thank you for this old post!

I actually got to this thread just searching for Alexa sensor support but this was a pleasant easter egg for me.

1 Like

I am glad it helped! I agree the Alexa app can be a jumbled mess and hard to navigate. But it mostly works!

1 Like