Trigger Cam Pan pan/tilt direction based on other sensory inputs (Wyze sensors, other Wyze cam motion or AI detection, etc.)

That’s an awesome idea!!! I never thought of that?!?!! Hopefully Wyze can do this!

I think it will be great if Pan camera will turn to contact sensor which is change state to open and start recording a video

It would be useful to have a way to setup the camera to look at a sensor when it detects motion or activity.

For example I have a hall with doors on both sides. It is difficult to monitor both without it constantly panning back and forth. With this feature I could have the camera sit pointed at one door and have it turn if the door sensor opens for the other door.

The user would need to program it to tell it what areas to monitor when a sensor is tripped.

1 Like

I just added a Wyze Cam Pan to my mix of Wyze products and I kind of love it despite its somewhat paranoid behavior. After tweaking it all weekend I came up with something super useful that I don’t think has been suggested yet

Use Wyse Sense sensors to trigger specific positions from the panscan settings.

Example: Motion sensor in garage, sends WyzeCam Pan to panscan position 1 and starts smart recording, holds position until clear signal received, then resumes normal panscan activity.

Example: Front Door Open, sends WyzeCam Pan to panscan position 3 and starts smart recording.

4 Likes

Brilliant…

1 Like

I have a pan cam in a garage served by two overhead doors. Normally the camera pans between 3 waypoints. Two of the waypoints are the overhead doors which are monitored with contacts. Both doors cannot be located with the detection zone. Contacts should be able to trigger a sensor video that would interrupt Pan/Scan function and focus on a waypoint, then when the sensor video was over camera would then resume the Pan/Scan function.

2 Likes

Glad to see others are interested in this. I’d love to see this implemented. Makes perfect sense and a great link between sensors and camera.

1 Like

Executive summary: A way to support a “cam pan” to aim towards the location of a triggered motion sensor or door sensor and start recording.

Long Story:
I have two areas of my basement that are off-limits without supervision to our youngest kids, the woodshop and the electronics shop. I have a single Wyze Pan Cam mounted in a location that can see both rooms with a pan. I have motion sensors set up in each room and I’ve verified both work great.

Under “Pan Scan Settings”, I can set “stations” for the pan cam to bounce between without the sensor trigger. That mode ends up slipping slightly as it pans to the point that it’s not pointing in the right directions after a little while. I also worry about this mode wearing out the motor.

Presently, there is not a way (in rules or elsewhere) to have the camera pan towards a specific “station” if the motion sensor is tripped in that area. I’ve tired several methods and written up a ticket, but there is no way to support this at this time.

1 Like

Is there any update on why we don’t have this feature yet?

1 Like

They usually do not do many updates other than changing the title, currently it is ‘maybe-later’ when they start looking at it, it will change to ‘researching’

1 Like

Having pan cam moving to open sensor would be a very useful feature.

2 Likes

This is a great idea. I was wondering how a pan cam would work in this situation. I added my vote.

I have a pan cam that watches my front door. I’d like the camera to pan to the front door when opened, or pan to the driveway when motion is detected.

1 Like

This would be a great feature. I’m just ordering my Wyze cameras and sensors and can’t wait to get them setup. I want to put a contact sensor in the liquor cabinet so I know if one of my teenagers has got in there. Even better if the pan camera would pan to that spot if the sensor is opened so I know which teenager to ground.

Love this idea. I like it because I’m disabled and if I fell then it would spin and show me on the floor and if possible send a notification to my wife

it Is not able to do that. I wish it could.

Oh buddy your doin um dirty :joy::joy::joy: at least tell them it’s their :skull:

Would love this. I know that the technology is there I’ve seen it with other security systems.

We need an option similar to motion tracking, that allows a sensor to adjust the camera to a set waypoint. Upon clearing of the sensor, the camera would return to it’s previous position. Ex: I have a sensor in another room, and the camera is 120deg away. I want the motion sensor to trigger the camera to turn and record towards the other room for say 5 minutes, then return back to what it’s supposed to record.

1 Like

In the meantime, I’d be happy if I could set a rule that would activate panning and motion tracking if my motion sensor detected movement during specific time ranges.

1 Like