Wyze Scale Available For Early Access!

Just got my scale (east coast US) and set it up. Seems like really nice hardware, and no problems syncing with Apple Health on iOS.

I just read the whole thread and didn’t see any responses-- did the privacy question ever get answered? I don’t want my personal health data going to Wyze’s cloud unless it’s end-to-end encrypted, meaning Wyze themselves can’t see the data.

my also did that have anyone gotten any info? i requested help but no word.

Status of my Orders (Scale and 2 x Band) got changed from “Processing FedEx (Scale)” and “Pick and Pack (Bands)” to “Processing”. Don’t know what happened…

I just got my Scale today. The order still show in Processing after it went to FedEx Processing for a day
i think and then back to Processing. I am in SoCal hope this helps that yours is enroute also.
P.S i never did get a email.

1 Like

So still no info about privacy concerns, eh? That is worrying.

1 Like

Yes, received mine this week - so far exceeding expectations! Provides Body Fat, Muscle Mass, Body Water, Lean Body Mass, Bone Mass, Protein, Visceral Fat, Basal Metabolic Rate and Metabolic Age calculations. Have authorized 3rd Party App access to Google fit but have not yet seen the Wyze data linked in Fit. Really impressed with this new product!

Sorry! Been a bit buried. I’ll see what I can dig up on this one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated. This is personal biometric data so privacy is obviously a concern.

Received an “Let us know your thoughts” email yesterday,… " Thank you for shopping with us! We hope you’ll write about your Wyze Scale while it’s still fresh on your mind". Would love to but… I have not yet received it and the order is still “Processing”…

I do have a Fedex package arriving today from FedEx Supply Chain in Indiana, Dimensions are 14x13x9. Kinda scale size I guess… Fingerers crossed!

That’s your Wyze scale. I received mine yesterday in a box with the same dimensions (14x13x10).

Yup - that was my scales. I think they’re broken though… either that or I have been eating too much during this lock down!!! :worried:

Mine’s been sitting in Indianapolis Fedex for 2-3 days now. No movement at all.

Mine was in Indianapolis from Friday until Monday too.

I just got my Wyze Scale today!! Love it so far!!

1 Like

Apple health works now, thanks!

2 Likes

Well I understand over the weekend. It got there on Monday and hasn’t moved since.

Hi Paul, data security is always our top priority. At Wyze, we take data protection, and our customers’ trust in us to protect their data, very seriously. We implemented security processes like Single Sign-On onboarding, Multi-factor authentication and other additional steps. We have completed our internal data security checks and have selected an independent company to conduct the audit for validating our security and privacy environments.

2 Likes

@WyzeAlex thanks for responding. My concern wasn’t really about your infosec or perimeter security. I’d like to know how you treat your customers’ personal biometric data.

1. Is personal biometric data accessible by Wyze internally? If so, will that data be used for anything?
  2. Will biometric data be shared with third parties? If you don’t currently share this data, do you commit to not share with third parties in the future? If you do or will share, what specific data is shared?
  3. If it’s shared with third-parties, is that anonymized? How is it anonymized exactly? Is it aggregated by region, city, postal code, etc, or is each individual user merely given an anonymous userid?
  4. Is biometric data stored in China or accessible by Wyze employees or contractors in China?

Thanks!

3 Likes

@WyzeAlex any updates on this? If you’re waiting to hear back on the policy, that’s fine, understand you want to get it right. Hopefully we can head off another media uproar.

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Please let me know if any concerns, thanks!

1. Is personal biometric data accessible by Wyze internally? If so, will that data be used for anything?

User’s biometric data is saved securely on Wyze AWS servers in the US. It will not be used for anything other than displaying the info to users or syncing with other health apps, such as Apple Health, if authorized by the user. The data could be accessed by authorized Wyze employees who are administering the system and AWS accounts. The access is managed by AWS SSO which will prevent any irrelevant employee and external people from accessing the data.

1. Will biometric data be shared with third parties? If you don’t currently share this data, do you commit to not share with third parties in the future? If you do or will share, what specific data is shared?

Wyze does not and will not share the data with any third party. However, if users authorize syncing data with another popular fitness app like Apple Health or Google Fit, some data will be synced with the user’s account as below:

a. Apple Health: BMI, weight, height, body fat, lean body mass, and heart rate

b. Google Fit: weight and heart rate

1. If it’s shared with third-parties, is that anonymized? How is it anonymized exactly? Is it aggregated by region, city, postal code, etc, or is each individual user merely given an anonymous userid?

The data will not be shared with any third party by Wyze. This will only occur if users authorize syncing data with their own account on other apps.

1. Is biometric data stored in China or accessible by Wyze employees or contractors in China?

Biometric data is saved securely on Wyze AWS servers in the US and uses server-side encryption. The access from employees is restricted by AWS SSO and we have a policy to prevent irrelevant Wyze employees and any external people from accessing user data. This applies to both employees in Wyze US offices and Wyze China offices.

9 Likes