Wyze Scale Available For Early Access!

It’s in the email they sent out today

It’s a little concerning that there does not appear to be any discussion of privacy or data protection on the Wyze Scale page or in the email. While I’m sure it will be asked about in the AMA, why not clearly spell out the policy ahead of time?

1 Like

I love Wyze and its products but I agree with @zackpyle on focusing a niche and doing it better. I don’t understand how the scale and the band resonate with the rest of the Wyze products and home automation. It rather feels like these products are going off tangent.

2 Likes

Hi, everyone!

We’ve been getting a lot of great questions about our newly launched Wyze Band and Wyze Scale.

We have an AMA coming up at 12:00 PT so you can learn more about these products and would love for you to join.

Here’s the link:

2 Likes

What about outdoor cam what stage are you in ???

1 Like

Don’t we all wish to know the answer to that. I doubt we’ll receive any news on it because for some reason it doesn’t seem to be going well in testing or they would have hit the release EA in January like they thought or in March like they thought.

Can’t say I am interested in any new Wyze products since your Android Wyze app no longer installs from the Play Store onto Tablets (or any other Android device that is not a phone). Also, I cannot install the Wyze App on my cell phones since they are running 4.4.2

1 Like

AMA said outdoor cam likely May.
it’s the next release

1 Like

Well, having watched the entire AMA I can say it was asked in the chat several times but conspicuously ignored during the AMA. How can you even call if an “Ask Me Anything” when you avoid an important question that was asked multiple times by different people?

I watched it and I never heard him say May. he just said the next product that they would launch would be the WCO but you also saw him saying that the keypad would come out in April. so little bit of double talk there. Maybe we need some clarification from someone who has some inside information but they’re not gonna get it.

@BrandonS

1 Like

I ordered the scale and fitness band. At those insane prices, it was a no brainier. My house is already exclusively Wyze for cams and sensors, so why not Wyze me up as well?

1 Like

You’re right the scale is at an insane price. I just have absolutely no need for it. But for those that do you can’t pass that up

4 Likes

I didn’t need a new scale, but you know what, my guests may want one when they come over :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly. As someone who really enjoys my cameras I would love to see Wyze resources directed towards adding functionalities and deeper integrations in the smart home space they currently occupy. I know they are likely different teams within Wyze, but I would have been far more excited to hear that the outdoor camera is released rather than a scale and band. In a market where everyone has a scale for sale at that price (i.e. Eufy) and smartwatches such as the Apple Watch dominate, kinda hard to be too excited. Just my 2cents though.

2 Likes

This is just my opinion but it seems like these two items were pet projects of somebody. Someone within wyze wanted these products and so they were made.

I honestly can see the band more than the scale because the band allows you to control your home automation equipment but the scale just doesn’t make any sense to me. But different strokes for different folks right

1 Like

I ordered one, just didn’t like how much shipping costed.

2 Likes

I think they have done this, their niche is:
“Make Quality Smart Home Technology Acessible to Everyone”

In that they are succeeding

4 Likes

I’ll have to rewatch it, it may have been in the remarks.
I do recall it was quite close to the end

I need it, but I want it to lie to me

2 Likes

That’s what I originally thought too… But I think they are trying to take over the whole smart home market like @WyzeJasonJ was saying. I don’t mind them expanding as long as they produce good products for a good price! :smile:

1 Like