Wyze Room Sensor-No Readouts

Hi @Chuan

No, the remote sensor display page in the app has not changed regardless of the temp on the sensor temp itself. Tried refreshing the page and just went through a power outage, so everything reset. Nothing seems to cause them to sync.

My T-Stat FW is: 1.2.1
My Family Room Sensor FW is 1.1.0

Family Room Sensor says 73 degrees
T-Stat App Page always says 71 regardless of the Remote sensor actual temp.

I just went through a power outage, nothing has changed:

New Log from today

• T-Stat Log: 592687
  • Family Room Remote Sensor Log: 592695

Previous Logs Provided to Jimmy and others:

• T-Stat Log: 584388
  • Family Remote Sensor Log: 584386

Note: Latest issue is the remote sensor removes itself from the Comfort Control Included list. I do not use the Auto Comfort setting or Motion settings. The Threshold temp has been set to 7 degrees as I believe the issue with the sensor being removed from comfort control is because it exceeds the Threshold setting, even though it really has not.

Any event, please let me know if you need any more information or would like to connect to my T-Stat

1 Like

I know Wyze is currently working on it as evidence in the post following yours. I will provide whatever is needed to get this resolved. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Although I am not a Wyze Employee and am a volunteer to assist in these forums, I can assure you Wyze is aware of the issue and are currently working on it to determine the issue and provide a fix. This is backed up by the following post to me in this thread:

I am confident they will find the issue and correct it in due time.

2 Likes

I appreciate you helping them work through it by providing them with information. I have also submitted logs and submitted those numbers to Wyze Support.

Unfortunately “due time” has passed. This should be considered a critical issue, since it is a loss of functionality for a brand new product.

1 Like

Agreed here… Due time has passed.

What are these forums for??? Screaming into the void?? How is there not a Wyze Liason watching these forums?

They make people like @spamoni a “Maven”…He does EXACTLY what they need him to do… providing every shred of version # and log possible… reports it… etc. etc… 5 days ago!!!

I thought all new companies watched their support channels when new products launched for stuff like this??? Who dropped the ball on this?

Then @Chuan comes on as if it’s the first time he’s heard about it???

Come on… They are losing focus it seems.

2 Likes

So it’s not just me. I added my one and only room sensor a few weeks ago, Initial setup went fine, except no temp/humidity ever shows in the app. Just dashes.

1 Like

Just want to chime in to say I am also having the initial issue discussed on this post - no temperatures showing up in the app. I have filed a ticket with support and submitted logs. Hopefully it can get fixed soon!

1 Like

Hope all is well with you and enjoy these holiday times. This weekend, I have found that my remote sensor included in comfort control seems to remove itself without any reason as to why. Wanted to relay this on in case it is something you need additional logs or information on.

Thanks

1 Like

T-Stat Log: 595362
Family Room Remote Sensor Log: 595365

NOTE: Just added Log 595568. This is my Family Room Sensor. The App shows -
for temp and humidity which implies it is not reading the sensor. If I wait, it will come back normally. As indicated, it just came back, I had to add it back to the Comfort Control. I think this is whats happening overnight.

Figured I would send you some more logs. Every night it seems my Remote Sensor gets removed from Comfort Control. Note: I am not set for Auto Comfort so the sensor should remain in Comfort Control. I have even changed the Temp Threshold to 10 degrees, I can tell you that there is not a 10 degree difference or more between the T-Stat and the Family Room Sensor. I added it back again, here is a picture of it added back:

After contacting support to ask for an update on this issue and being told the same old story about how they are having delays due to COVID-19 and weather (apparently they have been experiencing bad weather for years now), I’ve decided to go ahead and return mine. Based on other posts I’m seeing in the FB group, it looks like even if you get the sensors working, the temperature likely won’t be accurate anyway.

Wyze’s failure to publicly address this as well as their failure to provide a timely fix is indicative of a company lacking in integrity and quality. It’s not the same Wyze that it used to be. I regret buying into their ecosystem. The first few years were good though.

Same problem with my sensor. Regardless of the temperature on the sensors display screen the sensor temperature listed inside the app says it’s 69 degrees.

Not that there aren’t issues, but my 6 sensors are showing the correct temperatures. based on a lot of testing and comparisons with 4 different sensors and the Wyze Climate Sensors as well. so all 5 compared to the Remote Sensors are all within a degree or exactly the same.

True, this is what the issue is. Wyze is working on this issue, I have been providing info and as I hear things, I will post.

However, the display of the Temp in the App has no bearing on the functionality of the Remote Sensor with the Comfort Control. The Display is only a display.

My first three sensors would have a red exclamation point next to them. They displayed temp in app for a few hours, then stopped. I reset all three sensors, reset thermostat, and the temperature shown in app never changed.

I contact Wyze via phone and had all three sensors replaced.

I connected all three of my new sensors, but now I get dashes only in app, no temperature.

Android Beta Wyze app version: 2.31.0(145)
Thermostat: 1.2.1
Sensor: 1.1.0

Anything?

The Exclamation Mark in the app next to the Remote Sensor is to show you that you are at or near the Threshold temp you set for the sensor. Meaning, the delta between the T-Stat and the Remote Sensor should not exceed the value you selected. However, with the Display being incorrect, this happens a lot. I set my Threshold to 10 degrees until it has been corrected. No need to return the sensors or switch them, this will happen until the display is corrected.

With all that is going on, I have been evaluating and testing these devices extensively, as I used to have an ecobee and wanted to compare things. I have determined that the Comfort Control Settings are not affected by the issues with the T-Stat Remote Temp Display. The only issue you will realize is the threshold temp notification with an exclamation mark. In addition, if you receive the – it will remove itself from comfort control. When it gets a temp back, it will then allow you to add it back. This is the one nuisance i am enduring.

But it never shows a temp, just -. I don’t get an exclamation point anymore…and they are all added to my comfort.

So what you saying is, although the app shows -, or no temp, the sensor is still working? And we should wait for Wyze to update firmware/software? I am a beta tester too.

It surprises me that these were released with these issues no ironed out. I am confident Wyze will fix this issue, but still unacceptable.

You wont get the exclamation point if the app cannot read the Temp of the remote. Or better yet, if the display cannot display the temp. If you are able to add the Remote Sensor to the Comfort Control with the – then I would say it is working.

Easy way to test this: Look at the T-Stat Temp, look at the Temp on the Remote Sensor(s) in comfort control. Add them all up and divide by the number of sensors + 1 for the T-Stat. That should provide a temp close to what you will see in the app main t-stat page at the top where is will say “it’s xx in your home” xx being the calculated temp.

to ensure you are not caught by the Auto Comfort which activates Motion, turn that off for now, this will ensure you can calculate it easier. Otherwise, you will need to go into comfort control area of the app and see what the system thinks is included in the Comfort Control.

That is what I am doing. I am monitoring and providing logs for Wyze to review. I would send @Chuan your logs as well. The more we provide the faster that can figure this out.

This is not a trivial thing to do as there are a lot of conditions which needs to be taken into account.

Curious if you sent back the Remote sensors yet or if you have them around? If you have them around, pair them to the remote, or one, and put it next to one of your other sensors. See if the T-Stat will display a temp, even if it is not correct.

It may remember your old sensors.

I still have the sensor, but I’m not sure what you mean? The thermostat has always been displaying a temperature, regardless of whether the room sensor existed. The problem is in the app.

Yes, the problem is with the T-Stat device in the app when it displays the Remote Sensors.

You will always see the T-Stat on the Main Page and in the Remote Sensor Page. In the Remote Sensor Page you will also see the Temp of every Remote sensor you have added to the T-Stat. Similar to my image below:

However, the Temp’s for the Remote Sensors on this page is not accurate, they will also show – sometimes.

Here is what I am, and have been, saying. This page is only used for displaying the remote sensors and when your Threshold temp is met or exceeded. But when they are being used in the Comfort Control, as my Family Room is, the Temp on the sensor is actually used and not the temp being displayed on the screen. I have tested this over and over again with the same results.

In my image you can see my Family Room Temp is showing 71 degrees, but in reality, my Family Room is at 72 and will go up to 73 or 74. When I use my T-Stat Temp of 71, which is accurate, and add the Actual Family Room Remote Sensor Temp and then divide by 2, I will get the Temp shown on the main page at the top of the screen as shown in this image. NOTE: as I am writing this my T-Stat is now at 72 and the Remote Sensor in my Family Room is at 72 as well.

1 Like