Wyze Robot Vacuum - Room mapping. Path planning. Efficient cleaning

I am curious about the robot vacuum price range.

I wonder if they could integrate a LEGO sensing and containment system for it? :rofl:.

In all seriousness I’m very intrigued by this one. Any specs that can be shared yet? I’ve always thought about getting one of those roomba machines but the price was always the deciding factor.

Don’t bother with Roomba. Very functional machines are regularly under $150.

A Wyze Robot vacuum would be a great idea. It should be able to vacuum up the dirt and have a large enough bin for those less than clean areas (yes, I’m dirty). It should also have a mopping option to keep all floor types clean. As a bonus, if there would be a way for the bin to automatically empty into another larger bin – I would pay for that!

You’ll hear more from us about this soon. I won’t show all the cards. :wink:

13 Likes

My only thought is my past experience with Roomba. I have had two models that ultimately get destroyed after a few months due to pet hair. In particular I had a dog with fairly thin hair that were on average around 4-5 inches long. It was a constant battle to keep the moving parts free of knots and tangles. Roomba even had (has) a pet specific version.

It may just be one of those things that can never truly be solved with the smaller components in these types of vacuums.

This is certainly not to say a robot vacuum would never be useful to someone. Its mostly to say, spend a fair amount of time thinking about that specific challenge as it will always be an issue at some level and any little bit of design consideration would help.

Best of luck!

Just saw a relatively cheap one on Amazon, glad I looked here first. Gwendolyn says soon. Hopefully by end of this month.

1 Like

Well, try to be a little more patient – Gwen said it is just now in test 10 days ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you guys please make a $50 Roomba equivalent?

Literally can’t wait!

1 Like

I currently have a robot vacuum (Deebot) and I love it. My wife’s biggest complaint is having to empty it all the time and it has no convenient way of emptying. I think that should be a big emphasis for Wyze! Even if it did not have a self-emptying option ( which would make me buy one instantly! :drooling_face:) the bin should be easy to access and empty!

I too love my Deebot and have very little trouble emptying it. Night and day improvement over the original Roombas we had years ago - I despised them. Not sure how much easier it could be. (I think mine is a Deebot 500.)

There’s plethora of vacuums now. Work on a robotic mower that doesn’t need buried cable. What iRobot intended with Terra but got dropped. I’d buy one.

1 Like

I have a n79 the container is under the machine and it isn’t unbearable just a bit of a hassle to have to pick up the bot, flip it over, take the bin out, empty it, and replace the bin then set it back on the charger. I feel like there could be an easier way. Or just include a self empty option!

On the 500 the bin comes right outside the side, easily. No turning over. And I never even see the charger. I tell Alexa to make it stop, or press its button, and then remove and empty the bin. Then tell it to continue. When it is tired it find its way back to its charger hidden way under the couch. A beautiful thing.

Of course cleaning the brushes is still gross.

The highest end $1,000 Roombas self-empty but from what I’ve read they suck at it. No pun intended.

Yeah I didn’t get a higher end bot haha! This poor guy just randomly goes around the room. Sometimes he will get stuck between chair legs not like wedged in, just can’t figure out how to get out.

We currently use two EUFY robot vacuums. We switched from one vendor to the other when the Roombas became unfixable.

Considerations (from the two brands and models I have used):

• serviceability. The Eufy vacuums are built much better and are easier to service. The rotating brush on the Roomba is very cheap on the model we owned.
  • Performance. The Eufy vacuums have better suction and cleaning ability. They are also much quieter.
  • Size. The size (specifically height) of the Eufy vacuums was better and allowed the device to penetrate more areas.

I will definitely jump on the WYZE vacuum when available. :broom:

In testing?!? Is this really happening? A WYZE robot vac? Does anyone know if it will have floor mapping?

The xiaomi roborock I use is amazing, if you want a robot vac to reference.

1 Like

roomba i7+ user here. The mapping is excellent. I hope Wyze has mapping.

1 Like

For anyone interested in the recent AMA, they said the vacuum was coming sometime this year. Not sure if just the preorder or the actual product is shipping out this year.

1 Like