I didn’t even receive the teaser email. :confused:

4 Likes

Odd. And I have a high tease threshold. Virtually impervious to tease. :wink:

4 Likes

Ditto, but you’re more special. :grin:

4 Likes

:rofl: Short bus special, maybe.

3 Likes

It’s only short because there aren’t enough Mensa members to justify a normal bus.

3 Likes

Can’t really explain but feel like I’ve been judo-ed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What? There are 134,000 members! 50,000 in the USA. That’s enough for a few full busses. :slight_smile:

I was actually going to go take the test. I have a friend/former family member who is a member and proctor for the test, but it turns out there is very little benefit to being a member AND they make you PAY $79/yr to maintain the membership, which gives you almost nothing except maybe something to talk/brag about or to list on your resume.

Considering I don’t ever plan to apply for another job, ever, and don’t care too much about bragging unless I’m trying to get under the skin of @cyberdog_17 for fun, there was basically 0 benefit.

So, I think there would be more Mensa Members to fill up a bus if there was actually a benefit and they didn’t make you PAY $79/yr for nothing.

5 Likes

Have you seen the Mensa jockey shorts? Quite slimming. :grin:

3 Likes

I took the test and passed. I’m already in thanks

4 Likes

Same. Benefits aren’t worth the cost. And I’m retired. :sunglasses:

How many Mensa members would be seen on a bus? :grin:

4 Likes

Even on a Mensa bus, there is always someone who is the dumbest person on the bus!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Several years ago I participated in a TBI study in which the Stanford-Binet was administered. When the researcher informed me I qualified for Mensa and encouraged me to apply, I checked it out. I decided against it when I found out it wouldn’t get me a discount at Home Depot or Lowes.

4 Likes

When I applied at Lowes they told me to apply at Home Depot because that’s where all the geniuses work. image

4 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Yeah. Sarcasm is sometimes hard for us old timers to recognize.

3 Likes

Instructions unclear, I went to the Genius bar, and asked them for help with my Android, which they couldn’t answer simple questions about, so I asked them some Mensa questions, which they failed. I gave up and sued for false advertising.

4 Likes

Apple stores make me sweat. I stand out like a sore thumb. Whole Foods, too. Such an attitude.

I’m old, I’ve survived. Shouldn’t that count for something?

2 Likes

Sort of a pathos flashbang. :grin:

1 Like