Wyze Lock Integration with Home Monitoring (Lock as Entry Sensor, arm, disarm, etc.)

This shouldn’t be a wish list item. It’s already a roadmap item for HMS. @WyzeTeam announced at the launch of HMS that the Wyze Lock will added to the system. I expect to see this in next update

6 Likes

People are missing the point. I strongly disagree with merging my post into this one!!! Sure making the Lock work with HMS is important. But my concern is: How many more separate Hubs you want us to have??? There’s one for HMS, one for Lock, one for Outdoor Cam. I still need to plug in the Chime for Doorbell. Does adding integration means another Integration Hub??? STOP!!! I understand certain communication have limitations thus require more than just Wifi or Bluetooth. BUT it doesn’t mean that it is acceptable to have a hundred million different hubs!!!

4 Likes

It seems so basic I was shocked it wasn’t integrated already but the lock should act like a for sensor. When the door is open, it should trip the alarm.

Better yet, when the door unlocks, it should disable the alarm.

7 Likes

Interesting how two hubs and a chime box = a hundred million different hubs. I like your logic!

2 Likes

Yes, would love to be able to disarm or arm when the lock is used - preferably when armed or disarmed from the lock keypad!

6 Likes

It would be great for a rule or integration to allow the home monitoring system to be disarmed when my door is unlocked using the Door lock keypad. It is very inconvenient to have to utilize 2 pin entries/keypads to enter my home and disarm the alarm system. Let’s he honest, how many people are going to use 2 different pins for this. It makes perfect sense to allow disarm from the exterior keypad.

7 Likes

Please integrate the Wyze Lock into the home security monitoring. For example, make it so the alarm goes off if the system is armed and the door with the lock on it is opened (just like the entry sensors do). In other words—the Wyze lock has an entry sensor in it, so why shouldn’t it be able to be integrated with the home security system?

Also, another way to vastly improve the home security system and user experience is to allow actions with the home security system to be integrated into rules and interactions with other Wyze devices. For example, allow me to make a rule that certain devices turn on/off when the home security system is armed/disarmed, etc.

9 Likes

Why can’t the wyze lock be used with the wyze home monitoring kit, as the sensor for that door? Is it possible to make this happen, since the lock alerts to the doors open and closed status already, it seems redundant to have to place a sensor on the same door. Anything in the works to integrate this?

6 Likes

I’d rather have the redundancy of an entry sensor.

Strongly agree that would like to see the lock act as a door open sensor in Home Monitoring so i don’t need to install an entry sensor in addition to the lock on a single door when the lock already has the capability to know when the door is open.

Also would like to see the Home monitoring system turned off when the door lock is opened.

5 Likes

Integration of all Wyze security products

I wish all of my Wyze security products would work with each other. By security products I mean the cameras, door locks, doorbells, and Home Monitoring System. These products all serve to secure your home but they don’t integrate with each other. In my opinion, all of these products should report to the Monitoring section of the Wyze app. Currently we can only see our security cameras, which does include the doorbell thankfully butI would also like to be able to see the status and events of the door lock. This would make it easier to correlate security events all in on place.

Another example of the security products integrating with each other would be allowing the HMS keypad to work with the door lock. In this scenario, I would be able to press a key or key combination to turn on “trash mode” when exiting the house for a short period of time.

Another example of integrating the security products is have the Home and Away settings check all doors and windows confirm that they are locked. Maybe include a verbal report such as “Perimeter secured”. This feature should also report any open doors or windows.

I think adding these features would help make Wyze a more complete security solution.

3 Likes

Yes to everything you said. Great ideas.

1 Like

Smart lock hub integration

The wyze smart lock should integrate with the Wyze hub.
Is there a way for the alarm to sound if there is tampering with the lock or if the door opens? Seems silly if there isn’t.

2 Likes

I guess we shouldn’t hold our breath… I don’t understand how this is a maybe later. These are two products that should be fully integrated, and right now they cant even communicate…

3 Likes

Why is this not a thing yet?

2 Likes

Because @Wyze has no clear vision of what its ecosystem should look like and is instead focused on ancillary products that increase it’s bottom line… or at least hasn’t communicated a clear vision.

1 Like

hahaha true

A post was split to a new topic: Problems connecting to the door lock when away from home

Disarm home monitoring when I use the lock keypad

I would like the home monitoring system to disarm automatically when I unlock my wyze lock from the keypad.

1 Like

I also agree with the desires expressed on this topic. Multiple hubs in the ecosystem does not make sense. I just installed my HMS and fully expected to see my Wyze door lock fully integrated into the HMS. For me that was a “duh” moment for me. I have a decorative front door that will not accommodate a sensor but I “assumed” that the door lock was already integrated into HMS. All my doors and windows are protected now except for my front door. I saw a note about saying this integration was expected to occur by Wyze but that post is quite old by tech standards. I am very hopeful that once integrated that it will be backwards compatible into HMS, or at least by rule allow integration.

1 Like