Wyze Lock Geofencing

So the lock opens when I get home based on my geofenced location data, so how does it know if I’m already home approaching the door at 3am? Cuz whenever I’m inside the house, I don’t want the software unlocking the door. How does it know the difference?

It’s only supposed to unlock if you leave the geofence area and then re-enter and walk up to the door. Also if it does unlock but the door never opens, it re-locks about 5 mins later. This happens to me when I come home and pull in the garage so I never come in the front door. My front door unlocks but then re-locks a few mins later.

That’s what I was hoping for. Thank you.

-Jerry & Andrew Lockard
Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

Geofencing grid size for the Wyze Lock appears to be a regular topic within the forums.

In this era of Covid, I’m finding thaty I’m not regularly leaving my property by driving away a few blocks, I more frequently will leave my condo for a walk around the grounds. It would be nice to be able to establish a 100 yd radius boundary to trigger the lock’s geofencing reset.

Is there an active program in place to enable the user to reduce the geofencing window from its current setting ?

1 Like