Wyze Lamp Socket support for Wyze Cam v3 Pro

Seriously right? Why launch without support for outdoor light switch support. I don’t need a 2K camera for indoors, but critical for outdoors to capture better resolution of crimes, delivery, etc. This is an epic fail and will impact sales revenue.

3 Likes

Went to the Tesla dealer and they told me about the all new fancy Pro version of the Tesla, so much better in so many ways. I noticed it had no wheels, the salesman said well you can’t have everything at first, it’ll come later.

-Sarcasm

4 Likes

Wheels, schmeels. Dem puppies are hovercrafts!
:rofl:

1 Like

I’m extremely disappointed that the V3 Pro does not support the lamp socket. Unfortunately, I didn’t do my homework and crawled up on a ladder in the cold 20F windy weather yesterday to replace my V3 with a V3 Pro only to find out that the integration no longer worked. Of course I find this out after I’ve removed all the wire ties and electrical tape that made the installation professional. :). So I had to climb back up there and revert back to the V3 so I could use the lamp socket.

I had to mount the V3 Pro in a different location that was not my desired location. I specifically bought the V3 Pro to go in the most prominent location at my house, the one where all my packages and visitors enter and of course it was powered by the lamp socket.

I guess at this point I should always approach a new product from Wyze with skepticism. I sincerely wish Wyze would focus on its core security products and have these integrations figured out at product launch instead of coming up with a disparate and incompatible set of hardware and leaving long-standing customers literally sitting out in the cold. Very disappointed.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree! I was hoping to get the Wyze Cam V3 Pro (It would have been my very first Wyze Cam; but I do have the Wyze Lamp and Wyze Lock Bolt); and the only way I would be able to power it would be the Lamp Socket, as we don’t have an AC outlet on the porch (Who does?). Alas, I had to settle for the regular V3. Wyze needs to create a Lamp Socket compatible with the V3 Pro.

This is what happens when the Engineers do not use the product in their daily lives, just a lab. If they did, they’d understand how ridiculous it was releasing the Pro without support for the socket and Web View. Epic failure Wyze, kind of early release.

Mine went in the Garage since I couldn’t do the porch light socket, and can’t access via Web View, almost kind of useless. Have a second on the way, honestly not sure if I’ll keep it, it doesn’t seem to have the feature set of the V3. If I can’t use it on the porch with the socket, it’s junk.

2 Likes

Wyze Lamp Socket + Wyze Cam v3 PRO Bundle please!

Just like this bundle except with the Wyze Cam v3 PRO

2 Likes

Lamp socket USB to fit v3 PRO

An idea so simple I can’t believe I have to ask for it… Since you guys made the plug on the back of the v3 PRO abnormally small you should provide a USB cord that actually fits it for the lamp socket

Welcome @pballa115 .

Not discussing the size of the USB Port, but wanted to make sure that you realize the Lamp Socket is not controlled by the V3Pro. It is only controlled by te V3 camera.

There are no Accessory options to attach the Socket, Garage Door opener, etc.

In my case that wouldn’t be an issue… But why in the world would they build and “upgraded” camera that wasn’t compatible with their current products… :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I cannot answer that, but for all we know they will be adding it in the future as they did on the V3’s.

1 Like

Totally agree with you. So from what I understand, if I use the reg V3 with the added security lamp the socket will still power the V3 and lamp but not the on/off of a socket light because of the amount of volts with both. Sooo what if on the V3 Pro they disable the installed light, that should bring down the volts to the reg V3 and we would be able to power both the V3 Pro and socket lamp on/off function???

1 Like

Commented earlier in this thread about my frustrations with this situation. Came back to post the workaround I used, which is what you suggested. It’s working okay but ideally I wish I didn’t need to have my lights on all night.

I used this base: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R5KRGJR
with this light bulb: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PZH5XLQ
and this powers the camera: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P4VGDYB

That setup was compact enough to fit inside of my exterior light, which is pretty small width-wise.

2 Likes

That’s actually a good workaround. I use the dusk-to-dawn setting on my Lamp Socket so that would be ideal for me. Thanks for posting!

1 Like

I guess one hack you could use is to get a light-sensitivity enabled bulb :pensive:

I’m hoping that this is just an issue of an MVP instead of a full-featured product. A lot of companies do this for quick-to-market product releases and do followups to get the product to where they deem it should be.

1 Like

Has anyone tried this yet? Does it work? If so, I would be willing to buy a V3 Pro and put it in the mix with my V3 controlling the lamp sockets and the light turn on/off schedule.

Would love to hear from someone who has theirs set up this way.

1 Like

If Wyze is calling it V3 Pro then should include all feature of V3. its so confusing that pro product does not support basic of what v3 was supporting.

changing USB slot size was so stupid, keeping same size would help replacing existing V3 with V3 Pro without replacing entire line

3 Likes

Oddly logical…
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

I just installed 3 Pro’s with the lamp socket and was wondering why my smart bulbs now show as offline! Ugh! Cameras work, but not the lights. Also, was a pain plugging in the lamp socket USB into each camera. Now, I know why too thanks to this thread.

Will be replacing Pro’s with V3’s and the spotlight kits until then. C’mon Wyze!! :frowning:

1 Like

Just a heads up, you can’t use a spotlight kit and the lamp socket; either one or the other. I learned that the hard way.

1 Like