Wyze Lamp Socket not recognized

removed because replied to wrong person.

Just in case anyone else is having this same issue I will add a bit of info that I finally figured out. When you install the Wyze camera, if it is an older one that you had laying around for a while because you are a procrastinator with really good intentions – you MUST update the firmware on the Wyze cam during the installation process. Do not postpone. Once you update the cam, it will recognize the first socket and send a message to update that firmware. Update the firmware of the one socket and then install the rest of your sockets. Turn the switch back on and up to 4 more sockets will now be recognized and synced.

SOLVED: I had the same issue. I bought the camera in dec of 2022 so chances are this is still an issue (and shame on wyze for not providing proper support). The issue is related to the firmware not getting applied thr first few times. In my case I updated the firmware and then went back to check the version and realized the camera just power cycled and never actually update the firmware. Had to do this 3 or 4 times to get the socket screen to show up.

I just got a Wyze socket bundle for Xmas & wanted to swap out the included white v3 cable came with it with a black v3 & that included black cable.

Now I can’t get the cam to recognize the socket.
Is the cable swap the culprit here?

Yes. The cables provided with the cameras are power-only cables. The one provided with the socket includes data lines. With a power-only cable the camera cannot communicate with and control the socket, as it does that over the cable.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation.
Does that mean I am limited to the white data cable from Wyze?

Or is there a black version of that from Wyze or another vendor?

From Wyze, only the white cable is available.

However you may be able to find a black version in whatever length you want on Amazon or equiv. Just make sure that cable includes data lines.

1 Like

Yep let me try that now.
USB A Male to USB Micro B Male Data Cable

My socket is not recognizable in the app. I have turned off the power and turned it back on. I have rebooted my phone. The socket has power because the light and camera are on. I submitted a log 922517. I am using the cable provided. The firmware is up to date

I am experiencing this too. No one has an answer and the OP made this post on February 6??

I installed the socket and the V3, and I updated the firmware. I can see the V3 camera in my app, but I have zero way to talk to the socket. How are you all setting schedules with the socket?

The camera, I don’t care about, I got this socket just to put my lights on a schedule. It’s bad enough I am forced to install the socket with a camera to begin with, when I don’t want to use a camera with the socket.

Thanks for any help! Hopefully wmwware and I can get some help soon.

As of 3/29/23, this cord now works for updates; therefore, working flawlessly. Not sure if this is a one-off update, but this is the first time a update has taken without switching to the original short cord that came with the socket. Will update if things change.