Wyze In Response: Thermometers and Webcam Firmware Available

Do you know Resolution/FPS of the camera when used as a webcam?

1 Like

I just want to provide a huge thank you for the firmware update to use the camera as a webcam. I have not been able to test it yet (need a USB A to A cable), but I’m hopeful. I did order a webcam, but it will take a bit to get here. I was just saying yesterday how awesome it would be if I could use this camera as a webcam and magically I get an email today. Thank you thinking outside the box during this trying time (I know, first world problems). Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Great response Wyze Team and thank you! :+1::sunglasses:

Nice to see WYZE step up and help in this time of need. Thank You.

Thanks, Wyze, for making this thermometer available to your customers. Ordered mine today finally. I’ve been waiting not so patiently for a couple units I ordered from a seller on eBay. That was over two weeks ago and now I find out the thermometers are being shipped fromChina. Again, thanks!,

Sorry I don’t have that answer , I haven’t tested it out myself

Thanks wyze for the no touch thermometer offer I have been looking for a low cost one living safe and sound so far in New York City! Ordered successfully!

2 Likes

Take a look! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Was very disappointed after I found out it is at least 1 to 2 weeks backordered after I paid for it. Can’t figure out how to cancel order.

Wyze as a webcam fails on Windows 10 1903 with “unknown USB device”. Trying 1809.

Thanks for helping everyone out Wyze!

1 Like

You truly expected this to work right out immediately. Everything they do has some thing that has to be fixed before it works properly

1 Like

This is an emergency release of untested & unplanned firmware. I haven’t found a cable yet but thoroughly expect problems. I will post any and any solutions I find - please do the same and help us all.
Many thanks!

5 Likes

An honest maven. Don’t see that often. I applaud you my friend

Thanks??

1 Like

I get it tomp, but please do not overlook the original statement on the release which says it was, in fact, tested & confirmed.
“We have tested and confirmed that it works on Mac OS 10.13, Windows 7 and 10.”

BTW, it also fails on v1909. I’ll keep testing versions.
Cheers!

2 Likes

It worked okay for me on Mac 10.15.4, and worked fine on Windows 1909 build 18363.752.

Now to be clear both Mac and Windows are running on the same machine. Windows is installed virtually via Parallels. Both OS’s are 64 bit.

The A to A cable I have is a fully pinned out Belkin cable not a power only or data only cable.

EDIT; Well sort of, it crashes on launch. Installed fine. But have not been able to launch it. Investigating.

EDIT 2: Reboot solved it!

3 Likes

Good point rbruceporter! Found out my cable was a data-only when i cracked it open and when I swapped for a full pinout, it works. Which is strange since it’s not drawing power from the PC, but hey, it works. I tested 1909, 1903, 1809, and 1803.
Lesson learned, always check your cables!

Cheers!

5 Likes

Being an Apple person I deal with cable issues (cheap lightning cables) all the time so I am more apt to spend that little bit more time checking the cable than most. :wink::wink::wink:

3 Likes

I am try, can not working.
I can not update firmware webcam
The light does not flash yellow (Solid Blue flashes)

1 Like

Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping for.