Wyze- Home Assistant Feature request has over 850 upvotes. Are you a home assistant fan? Are you interested? I could help you set it up!

You can also just run it on a regular computer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do have 10 Wyze cams so will read through this thread for tips. My current question is as follows…Found this thread while looking for help on manually integrating Smartthings with HA (without using NabuCasa subscription) if possible. I set up DuckDNS but having a hard time getting the webhook set up properly. Any insight you may have would be great.

2 Likes

I have HassOS on a RaspberryPi4B-4GB 64GB-SDCardClassA2,
I honestly do not see commercially viable product as HomeAssistant is just not robust enough to survive the consumer experience.

It makes a great development environment and can be readily adapted with an amazing diversity of add-in’s, and official integrations that have one click installations. It has amazing potential capabilities!

That said, unlike an appliance hub such as SmartThings, Hubitat, or in a limited similarity even Amazon devices running instances of Alexa that have routine capabilities to automate by sensor or switch any smart devices that Alexa supports, which can all simply be unplugged and restarted like an appliance, HomeAssistant on RPi can have its system files easily corrupted making the unit unusable and necessitating a complete rebuild.

Smartthings is a mixed bad when it comes to hassos. I’ve had it working flawlessly, and I’ve had it spotty as all hell. I think the biggest problem is it’s not first-party integration with hassos (why would they?) but furthermore, they are likely trying to stifle any progress made with the integration.

Snapshots daily, none of the issues with corruption apply henceforth.

2 Likes

I’m just getting started here. I added my motion sensor successfully to HA, but it shows offline in Wyze App. How do I get the automations to work? The motion sensor should light a Wyze bulb when it detects motion, and switch the bulb off one minute after the motion sensor is clear. Can HA accomplish this?

1 Like

Wait what? How did you add it to HA if it’s offline in Wyze? If you’re using that hack to connect the bridge directly to your HA server then I don’t think you could expect Wyze to ever see it…? The bulbs would have to be HA connected as well.

3 Likes

Thank you OP for creating this thread. I absolutely love HassIO. I originally purchased Smartthings last year, immediately realized how bad Samsung has bungled things up, and returned it to create my first HassIO install. Also, I have privacy concerns with Samsung.

HassIO was originally challenging. However, I now know so much more due to all of my weekend projects building, flashing, and installing new switches, sensors and relays.

It is unbelievable how much HassIO has grown since then. They have had more major updates than any of the non-open source platforms. Sure, this can cause frustration at times because the features sometimes outpace the documentation. However, there are so many helpful people in the community that are always willing to help.

Yesterday I moved my HassIO instance from an Ubuntu VM to their hyper v image and it only took 10 minutes. There really is so much flexibility to the platform.

3 Likes

Brother, I wanted to dig this out, and thank you profusely.

I immediately implemented auto cloud sync of snapshots (okay, I waited a few days), but this has saved my stupid tinkering rear end in more occasions than I care to recount. I know it may have been obvious to you, but I’d blindly lumbered into HA and had not even read the cookbook yet!!!

Thank you, kind sir!!!

3 Likes

Any thoughts on hassio/hass/etc built-in automation features vs integrating node-red as the automation engine?

1 Like

I think this is exactly what I’m looking for. I haven’t read through all the comments yet (only the first few) but I’m definitely liking what I’m reading.

2 Likes

This is when things really get spicy with home assistant, because it uses docker type/compatible elements, you can add other, MANY other, fairly well endless amounts of integrations to it. Essentially, a this point. I just google for my integrations lol. Sure they love that. git-hub has 1000’s of them already crafted from nuts like me! HACS - Home Assistant Community Store

2 Likes

Has anyone used Homeassistant with the wyze outdoor cams? how does it act? does it keep the camera off until motion or until you click view just like the wyze app does? thanks

2 Likes

We really need a public API or to know if it’s even on the roadmap in the next year or less. I’m a long time backer/buyer and before I move forward with buying more products. I need some kind of answer. I’m sure others would be interested as well.

1 Like

I don’t think Wyze will ever support HA. Not because it exposes their own lack of talent but it will kill any possibilities of Wyze making subscription money.

2 Likes

How did you get more then one cam with the rtsp firmware to show up i used

• platform: ffmpeg
    name: Ender 3
    input: -rtsp_transport udp -i rtsp://-name:password-@192.168.1.227/live

name: Backdoor
    input: -rtsp_transport udp -i rtsp://-name;password-@192.168.1.92/live

but only 1 cam shows up.

1 Like
    name: Wyze Black
    input: rtsp://name:pass@IPADDRESS/live
    name: Wyze White
    input: rtsp://name:pass@IPADDRESS/live
2 Likes

Wow great thank you, service and speed you get an A+ for the day

2 Likes

Since the new Bluetooth update on version 2022.9.1 do you think the wyze bolt lock could work with home assistant now? Or if not can the lock be reversed engineer to work with home assistant Bluetooth proxy?

1 Like