Wyze Home Alarm Ethernet / WiFi simultaneous connections

The Wyze Home Alarm base station can connect to Ethernet or WiFi. If the Ethernet goes down for some reason will the WiFi take over if both are configured? That assumes there is a secondary WiFi address that is not part of the primary Ethernet router. Wyze Home Alarm Instructions do not clarify if you can program the alarm to connect to Ethernet and WiFi in a primary and secondary role.

From what I’ve read there isn’t any way to set priority for ethernet vs. wifi. I have read that if you plug the hub in via ethernet it will switch to the wired connection. I haven’t seen anything that says it will switch back without intervention, but you could certainly test by plugging and then unplugging the cable.

1 Like

@WildBill, I could have said this on any of your other dozens of posts. My point being, my comment does not pretain to just this one post.

You sir, are a blessing to all of us. You are certainly one of the most, if not the the very best, knowledgeable, polite, considerate, certainly a Wyze ambassador on the forum. I thank you in behalf of all that you have helped for your help.

Thanks. I’m just trying to help everyone. I come here looking for answers to my problems and issues with Wyze gear and just want to contribute what I can to help others.

1 Like