Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

It worked for me this morning… I cast to my TV to check my crawl space for critters every morning.

1 Like

You mean, streaming to chromecast directly, not mirroring the phone screen, right? And which os are you on?

I just say, “Hey Google, show me Crawl on TV Room TV.” Crawl is the name of the camera, and TV Room TV is the name of the Chromecast device.

As to OS, I’m not sure which OS you’re referring to. Phone? Cameras? Google?

1 Like

It works using chromecast and any Google assistant display. Just sync your account in the Home app and that’s it. Voice commands will work.

I see… I’ll try once more when i get back home. I was asking if your phone was Android or iOS

Ah, well, I’m on Android 9.0. But usually, when I’m home, it’s my Google Home Hub that responds to my request, not the phone.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, once the stream is established is it:

1. local cam → “cloud” server on WAN (the Internet) → local Google Home Hub (or casting device), or
  2. local cam → local Google Home Hub (i.e., 100% LAN stream)?

I ask because after setting up a new Google Home Hub yesterday, I am seeing a delay of the cam feed well in excess of 30 seconds, making it unusable for any purpose I can think of.

If it matters, the GHH is connected via 5Ghz to my WiFi router (w/nice strong signal) and for my internet service, I’ve got fiber 100Mb down/50Mb up. While viewing feeds in the Wyze App with my iOS devices connected to the same router I normally see a 500-1000ms delay.

the current system works by going through the cloud for transcoding. We would have loved to a local connection right out of the gate but the encoding of the stream is not supported by Google Home (or Alexa) so we need to transcode the stream. Therefore the round trip to the cloud. Needless to say we want to optimize that and we have started to work on WebRTC. One of the requirement is to be able to establish a local connection.
The development just started and it will take some time to get it done, fully integrated with the camera, change the Google Home integration and deployed. So don’t hold your breath just yet… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Will additional functionality be added soon, such as the ability to actually turn the camera OFF? Since we can turn the camera ON via Google Home, why not OFF? I live in an apartment, so I have one camera that is set up to view the front door. I have it turned OFF when I am home and then turned ON when I leave the house. I don’t need the camera running and notifying me of motion all the time when I am at home. I’d like to be able to use this with Routines in Google Home, but without being able to turn the camera off, this won’t work. I currently have it plugged in to a smart plug, so this kind of works where I can turn that plug on and off, but that also turns off the Wyse Sense sensors that I have through the hub plugged in to the camera. I’d like to be able to keep the Sense sensors on at all times, regardless if I’m home or not. So I need to be able to turn the camera off but leave the Sense hub on, or be able to turn on/off the push notifications using Google Home so that I can just leave the camera on at all times but only get notifications when I use the “away from home” routine, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Has anyone have a problem with the video feed not loading or taking a few minutes to load on the Google nest hub. It wasn’t do this before.

Yes yesterday I could not get any to show. Google didn’t say it couldn’t but video never loaded just sat there. Just tried again. No picture but google said, oh wait after 30 seconds it finally came on. That lag is definitely problematic

Hi there

I am having the same trouble with “it looks like the stream is currently unavailable”, I submitted my ticket today.

Thanks

1 Like

Any plan to support the stream directly from the Google Home app? (Is it even possible?)

TL;DR is: we have a full plate for the moment and can’t tackle those extra camera features yet but it is our intent to add them.

Right now, we are working on getting a large set of hardware on the platform. Once we stabilized that point, we will start backfilling the features of the camera. We also have some important work coming to try to reduce the latency of the camera experience. We have a dependency on the implementation of WebRTC and this is going to take some time (~early 2020).
We are finishing the work associated with the authentication in the system, which should give us greater reliability in getting the Google Home to connect to the camera…

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze Home Google home/assistant Sync

Getting “ looks like the stream is currently unavailable “ message from google hub. Unlinked and linked again with no luck.

Any solutions yet

Usually unlinking and relinking works. Here are a couple of places you can look for information on how to troubleshoot this more.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/topic/7562677?hl=en&ref_topic=7071995

(Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue. The latter method will allow you to include an app log for diagnosis.)

2 Likes

Sorry about that, @dianatrinh07! Are you still running into this problem?

I need to unlink and relink a couple times a month, because otherwise anytime I try to command one of my cams it says Wyze is not available. :disappointed:

Hi Wyze

Yes I’m still having the problem with the google hub not connecting to Wyze with the same error “ the stream is not available right now “